Sign in to follow this  

Replacing fork seals (Race Tech)

Hi guys, I have a leaking fork seal. I've tried the credit card trick, but the fork is still leaking oil. So I guess I need to replace the seal. My bike is 2008 400SM, however, the previous owner sent the suspension off to Race Tech.

My questions is, is there any difference in changing fork oil and seals in my forks since they have race tech componenets?

ok...cool. I'm stopping by the motorcycle shop on the way home...is there anything special I would need other than the seals and fork oil?

48mm Fork Seal Driver

And no, I don't recommend using PVC pipe, steel pile, copper pipe, or any other plumbing parts... 😏

Plus oil seals, dust seals, 2 qt oil. It goes up from there if you need bushings

Can someone confirm which size driver is needed:

E.Marquez says: 48mm

Rocky Mountain ATV : 49/50mm

Oh'for 2009 DRZ

Well I can confirm, but you’re not likely to believe me this time anymore then when I wrote the answer above for the question asked,, what size tool for a 2008 400SM,. So to those who want to chime in,, Make sure your responding to the question asked… .. WHAT SIZE FORK SEAL TOOL FOR THE 2009 DRZ. It's a different answer depending on the model..

it would seem the computer or phone monkey at Rocky MT does not know the difference.

Whoa take it easy! I'm sorry I missed the supermoto part.

I actually trust you more than RMATV website. 😏 I just didn't want to make a $50. mistake.

BTW I did a search First, and came up with multi answers.

And just for the Record, their(RMATV) parts search only goes to 2004 DRZ.

Can someone confirm which size driver is needed: E.Marquez says: 48mm Rocky Mountain ATV : 49/50mm Oh'for 2009 DRZ
Motion Pro seal tool shows both sizes. http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/44/54/280/1056/-/30069/Motion-Pro-Ringer-Fork-Seal-Driver The older style lists only the ons size for both forks, and that is WRONG.