Trail tech Vector power wire...

I´m interested on buying one of this computers to my bike (wrz 250 94´) so I have a question before.

My bike have the yellow wire to install lights so should i just hook the red (positive) wire to that, and ground the black (negative) somewhere on the frame?

What do you think about this computer? are they useful?

Thanks

Eduardo

Yep, the red wire to the yellow connector and I mounted the black to the frame under the coil screws. This will allow for the High temp LED and ALL of the illuminating LED's to work. Only issue I have seen is that occasionally the system seems to crash and needs to be rebooted (holding all buttons down for 5 seconds). Doesn't loose the tire circumference setting or any elapsed times.

One thing to pay attention to is the mounting location of the speedo sensor. The instructions call for drilling the front brake caliper for a suitable mounting location. Found a better one to be on the fork guards. Drilled a hole, used a screw for plastic and also some plastic specific epoxy. Just didn't like the idea of drilling the cast metal to mount the sensor.

Had it mounted for a few months now and I really like the position and the readout is just large enough to catch a glimpse when you need it. It does have to have the proper angle to read it properly though. If you have a polarized lens in your goggles, forget about reading the display.

Also make sure you are running a regulator - I managed to damage a Vapor by using the unregulated power directly from the stator lighting wire, even though it says that the Vapor can handle 400vac in the instructions.

Is the vector the GPS also, I have been looking at this also.

Apparently they will accept any power supply so the settup you have proposed should work

The GPS model is the Voyager.

I have been thinking about getting one. It will make getting back to the truck much easier when you are on unknown trails.

Also make sure you are running a regulator - I managed to damage a Vapor by using the unregulated power directly from the stator lighting wire, even though it says that the Vapor can handle 400vac in the instructions.

Really? manual says that can be hooked to any power..I will install a regulator just don´t want to damage....is not so cheap for me.

Really? manual says that can be hooked to any power..I will install a regulator just don´t want to damage....is not so cheap for me.

Yes - after I damaged it I contacted Trailtech directly and explained what had happened. They said that the unregulated power source was the most likely culprit, and offered me a replacement Vapor unit (and a voltage regulator) at a very reasonable cost. :smashpc: