Sign in to follow this  

Just for laughs

In the modern global climate I think we could all do with a good laugh?

Would you people please tell us the funny stories or pranks that we all get while riding our bikes? It must involve a DR/Z, or at least be a biking memory.

This evening I rode behind a police motorcycle and saw him trying to wheelie as we passed a group of female joggers. I'm not sure what happened but he crashed into a stationary convertable and ended up with his head in the footwell and his leg caught in a safetybelt. He was OK but it took us a good couple of minutes to untangle him from the car. He was fine but for a couple of scratches and a bruised ego. Right before I left I asked him if it was legal to ride with a banana smeared across his visor. I'm afraid I cant post his reply here...:smashpc:👍🤣

It included racism, refrences to incest and he used swear words that only a south african can understand...

Wich reminds me of the time a friend sprayed a lubricant on my DR200SE's front disc, I also said a few things that I will not post...

my buddy wants to start a game where you ride around looking for each other trying to nail each other with paint ball guns.

Glad I don't have friends like that.

Three weeks later I ran a piece of wire from the sparkplug to the left grip on his bike, I sprayed it black so it wasnt obvious. After shocking about five times he spotted the wire and just disconnected it from the sparkplug.

After riding the whole morning he connected it again and asked me to move his bike, damn I felt stupid...:smashpc:

Now either you guys are holding out or none of you actually ride your DR's?

Maybe DR riders only have embarrasing moments out there?

There are those that have and those that will.

My most embarrasing moment was when I stopped, shut down, leaned the bike over only to discover that I had forgotten to lower the kickstand. :smashpc: Man, this bike weighs a lot when you try to pick it back up.

Flea

My only embarassing story is when I first bought the bike. I had never ridden, not once, and when I went to pick the bike up, I got a quick How-To on riding, my only real concern was not immediately dropping the clutch and falling off the back of an ugly wheelie.

The salesmen giving me my wings told me the DR200 would not wheelie even if I wanted to and kept egging me on to give it more gas. Well, I gave it a ton of gas and slipped off the clutch and boom, I end up on my butt and the bike ends up on the salesman.

I was just happy it landed on him and didn't get scratched, haha.

Yesterday I poured petrol into my bike that we brought home from malawi, due to fuel shortages and other crap in malawi we stock a lot petrol and diesel there and we have a guy that manages our fuel. Too bad he doesn't know that petrol and diesel arent supposed to be mixed, it smells like petrol but feels like diesel. After the blue smoke and stalled engine it took me about 30 minutes to empty and flush the fuel system.

My father wil remind me of this day until I sneak some diesel into his KLR's tank...

My only embarassing story is when I first bought the bike. I had never ridden, not once, and when I went to pick the bike up, I got a quick How-To on riding, my only real concern was not immediately dropping the clutch and falling off the back of an ugly wheelie.

The salesmen giving me my wings told me the DR200 would not wheelie even if I wanted to and kept egging me on to give it more gas. Well, I gave it a ton of gas and slipped off the clutch and boom, I end up on my butt and the bike ends up on the salesman.

I was just happy it landed on him and didn't get scratched, haha.

The mighty 200 strikes again...

Mine dislocated my shoulder without the slightest provokation, I was only trying to jump it. I did a fair whip until I landed...:smashpc: