Sign in to follow this  

Honda XR 400 R

Hi All

Just bought a very original 2002 XR 400, I would like to help it breath better, as in Gordons Mods, I have a CRD Absolute power slip on sliencer ( Very Quite silencer ) to put on the bike, take the snorkel out and use a Twin Air filter, my riding is in Wales UK going from around 700 ft to 3,500/4000 ft, temps her aren't to warm about a max of 27 Deg C down to freezing 0 Deg C, mainly in the 10-15 Deg C range.

Would any one have any ideas where to start my jetting for these mods and alt/temp, I know it won't be spot on, just give me a good starting point.

60 pilot / 160 or 162 main will be close. Tune from there, if anything it may be a touch rich so I'd say get 1 or 2 jets either way so you can play around with it and see what works best. :smashpc:

60 pilot / 160 or 162 main will be close. Tune from there, if anything it may be a touch rich so I'd say get 1 or 2 jets either way so you can play around with it and see what works best. :smashpc:

Hi.

Thank you very much for your help, just what I wanted, a starting point to go from.

would the needle and mixture screw be left as they are?

Once again thank you very much.