Sign in to follow this  

Reviews On Two Used KTM's 625 SXC and 400 LC4

I've been looking a dual sport and tried a DR650 and KLR650 but looking more of a dirt bike than a cushy dual sport, just looking to jump from trail to trail by road mainly. The Suzuki and Kawasaki had way too sorry of suspension for me and I didn't want to sink the money into those bikes. I'm 250 lbs fairly well experienced on road and off on bikes, not an expert but experienced.

My question is I've found two bikes local and just wanted some reviews if they would fit my needs well in stock form as I'm not looking to invest a whole lot in upgrades on a bike right now.

1st is a 2004 625 SCX asking price $2700

2nd a 2000 LC4 400 asking price $2500

Anyone share their likes and dislikes about these two and if the prices are fair, assuming these bikes are in good clean condition. Thanks, just wanted quick opinitons form the experts here at the Thumpertalk :smashpc:

I rode an 07 625sx this last year down in CR. She has a big heavy butt for off road but plenty of grunt.....

I would think for the dollar difference, the bigger and newer bike would be the way to go.

I rode an 07 625sx this last year down in CR. She has a big heavy butt for off road but plenty of grunt.....

I would think for the dollar difference, the bigger and newer bike would be the way to go.

I'm sure the listed price has the sxc as the better deal no doubt but just curiouse to hear from the guys that know these bikes as to what to look out for on them and what to expect as far a stock suspension and handling off road for a heavier rider.

Anyone know any thing about the suspension or any reliability issues with either of these? Mostly interested in the 625 . I'm working night shift tonight and can't go see them till in the morning but have the cash in my pocket and still trying to dig up info on the 625 as to the suspension and weight.

The most common complaint about LC4 powered KTMs is the vibration level on pavement so be sure you are OK with that. Offroad not a big issue.

Bruce

The most common complaint about LC4 powered KTMs is the vibration level on pavement so be sure you are OK with that. Offroad not a big issue.

Bruce

:smashpc: I don't plan on a whole lot of road riding as I have a touring bike as well.

Is this a good price for a 2004 625 sxc at 10,400 miles? $2700. I think it's basically stock other than the larger 18L tank and a KTM comfort seat or something like that he has listed.

Went ahead and picked up the 625 SXC. Pretty fair condition and is a real beast on the low end, gobbs of torque. I think I'll be pleased with it if everthing checks out good on it, may need a fork seal but that's to be expected with the age.