Sign in to follow this  

Oset electric Trials Bike help/Advice

Hi,

I got hold of an Oset 16 spider 2007/2008 year electric trials bike for my nephew.

It has a couple of broken wires and I can't seem to find a wiring diagram for it. I have emailed Oset to try and buy one but have had no reply.

I was wondering if anyone has one and could mybe take a couple of pictures of the 2 multi plugs near the battery packs thats where the problems are for reference for me so I can repair it. I have attached a couple of pictures of the area.

Any help would be much appreciated I have an hyper 4 year old looking to get out on it :smashpc:

I think the thicker red wire on the plug to the left is the one that connects the battery packs up in series. The smaller red wire looks like one that someone has put in themselves but can't see anywhere that the wires would connect to and there is also a wire missing from that second plug.

Thanks

image-8.jpg

image-7.jpg

image-6.jpg

Just ordered a 36 V oset for my son, but its not here yet. I was curious about the ins and outs of these bikes and found alot of good info on "Trials Central " "home of observed trials" website. It may be U.K. based. Seemed like alot of good electrical type information on fixes and mods. Good luck! Don

Also, they had trouble e-mailing me the last couple of days with web addresses the are affiliated with ATT. ??

This is Ian from OSET. Just for the record, I got an email asking for a wiring diagram on Thursday, and sent it via email Saturday morning... then found out about posts on different forums saying we hadn't replied to emails. Not true! I confess, we were a bit busy on Friday, as we are every day!!

Ian.

I know Ian personally and figured something had gone wrong with your email to him so I emailed him this morning and sent him the TT thread.

So chrissgg90, did you get the wiring diagram?

In the future, try to understand that OSET is a family type business. Ian is the owner / Inventor and everything in between. Give him a day or two to respond... He's a very busy guy these days and I'm really happy for him. I watched him develop the first bike for his son Oliver and then turned it into a business.. In case you didn't know, "OSET" stands for "Oliver Smith's Electric Trials"

:smashpc:

This is Ian from OSET. Just for the record, I got an email asking for a wiring diagram on Thursday, and sent it via email Saturday morning... then found out about posts on different forums saying we hadn't replied to emails. Not true! I confess, we were a bit busy on Friday, as we are every day!!

Ian.

I think that has been taken the wrong way with regard to the no reply to the email and if you look at the other post on other forums, they say no reply as yet. I was in no way slagging anyone off in any shape or form and not really sure how it can be taken that way from my post.

I got the wiring diagram the other day from Oset and i'm very grateful for there response and assistance and will be placing a parts order with them as for tyres and batterys as soon as I get the wiring problem sorted out.

I think the problem came when you didn't identify how long your wait was. It gave the appearance that you had waited longer than was reasonable. This cast a bad light on OSET to the readers and many of those readers might never read the outcome of your inquiry and continue to think bad of OSET.

I know my personal emails to Ian may take 3 or 4 days to get answered but I know he's a busy guy and frequently away from email contact riding Trials or working in the field with new developments. The one I sent about this issue came back in less than 3 hours.

And for the record, he moves and lives between the UK and Colorado, USA. I'm not sure where company headquarters are.

Yours is not the first time something like this has been aired on the forums and I can sympathize with Ian's frustration.

If you had said that you emailed OSET "yesterday" and waiting for a response but I'm in a hurry. It probably would have been much better..

But of course, hind sight is 20/20 and I think all of us have written something before that didn't come out right. I know I have. :smashpc: