Sign in to follow this  

2012 crf 250 dyno

Image (88).jpg

I did not have the tuning software yet but heres what the bike makes stock 37 hp and a bit over 38 with the FMF pipe the fmf with the insert out makes a lot more bottom this is very noticable on the track with the insert the over rev is still there it just gets hurt on the bottom .

Ron

I don't know if I have seen it anywhere, what did the 2011 make.

Chet

about the same 37 hp i beleive the 2012 has much better mapping though in 07 i had a crf 250 on the dyno and it made around 36 hp changing the main jet and needle got it to 37 hp .The cam timing compression ratios and port flow has not changed a bunch since around 06 so it stands to reason peak hp has not change much but the power delivery has change greatly.

• Like 1

Ron, that bottom line on the graph is that AFR?

Thanks for putting up the dyno chart.....:smashpc:

yes bottom line is af ratio its a little bit rich leaning the top a bit may gain some power i dont expect much though.

Where the AFR red line dropped a bit at 6-7500. Bit rich there with the FMF?

I have found that using the AF only gives you a reference point to adjust from setting the AF to a straight or given amount may not give the best results i dont no why it works this way but on some of my hondas by richening the fuel up @ say 9000 rpm will end up giving it a bunch more over rev .I suspect it has somthing to do with injector timing and the fact its a simple system compared to somthing like a motech.its what we have though and i like it more than the carbs.

I have found that using the AF only gives you a reference point to adjust from setting the AF to a straight or given amount may not give the best results i dont no why it works this way but on some of my hondas by richening the fuel up @ say 9000 rpm will end up giving it a bunch more over rev .I suspect it has somthing to do with injector timing and the fact its a simple system compared to somthing like a motech.its what we have though and i like it more than the carbs.

I agree. If it shows lean or rich at say 10k, you cant just adjust that 10K cell or you can miss the window. So best to make the adjustment before 10K.