Sign in to follow this  

02 cr125 questions

Hello everyone, I am in the process of trading my 05 crf250r for 02 cr125. Now the guy is throwing in money like 700. The 125 has been bored 30 over and has a pro circuit pipe and shorty. It also has warp 9 wheels. My questions to you are. Is this a good trade? I want to get a 125 for less maitnence. I can't find any newer models than the early 2000's. What would you recommend I do with the engine? Thanks.

i traded my 99 wr400 for a 99 cr250 about a week ago. ive been riding every day. maintenence is one reason why i traded for a 2 stroke the parts are cheaper and theres no valves or cam chain that need to be looked after and a 2 stroke top end kit is around $100 and a 4 stroke kit is about double or more, but the 4 stroke top end lasts longer so its really just prefence and budget. as long an your not racing at a higher level then i think you'll be fine. the 125 is a little older but the honda 2 strokes are timeless to me since they dont make them any more

bored 30 over?? I've heard this used with chevy v8's, but that cylinder is plated... if they just bored it and put in a new piston, you'll squeek in real soon. Ask if the jug was replated and by whom. As for deal, I think you're getting the short end, 05 for 02, even thou most uf us here would take the 125 over the x