Sign in to follow this  

California Ocotillo Wells

Going to be out there tonight till Monday! First time of the season.

Figured I would start a thread since I go about twice per month and see if I can get more people to ride with, this way I can just post when I am going next and maybe I can find others that would like to come out and ride as well, I have been riding for 25+ years and like anything from single track to long runs to Superstition, or Salton Sea, or wherever I point towards.

Hope to see you guys soon out there

It's gonna be frigging hot after noon! I was out racing at Superstition last Sunday and the weather was fine until about noon when the heat just seemed to slam down and kill me. I drank 3 gallons of water in 36 hours, plus various beverages like tea, juice, and a 40 ouncer of Budweiser on Saturday night. Definitely do a dawn patrol. Weather was amazing at dawn that's for sure.

Its only supposed to be 90 degrees this weekend, so they say.....I am used to riding in Havasu in over 110 degrees so 90 is tolerable for me, not ideal, but tolerable, lol.

It's supposed to be 75 this upcoming Thursday! I'll be there on Friday for sure! New bike to shake down!:smashpc:

Was there all weekend and all I got to say is 90 degrees my ass, must have been 100 with high humidity, lol.

I still had a great time, had the whole park all to myself, lol. I went for a ride to Superstition from the BLu Inn and back just before I went home to try and get the last bit out of my system (till next time). At some point I was leaving Superstition mtn and went up a huge sandune and got my weight just a little bit too far forward and ended up doing a scorpoin at the top, lol. Boy that sand is warm when it goes down your back, haha.

I just put a new 13.5 piston and new clutches in my Rekluse and the bike worked awesome!!! Cant wait to go riding again, going to try and go to Pala one day this week.

Also LOOKING FOR RIDING BUDDIES, all mine have left or dont ride anymore, I want more friends who like to do fun stuff like making new single track ridge rides and climbing things that look almost impossible, long rides, whatever, just want more people to ride with, bottom line. Its only half as fun riding alone, and I know there are tons of people that go out there often.

If so hit me up via PM, would love to actually have more friends to ride with.

I will post up when I go out again, probably in a couple of weeks..

It's supposed to be 75 this upcoming Thursday! I'll be there on Friday for sure! New bike to shake down!:smashpc:

Yeah I saw the weather for this coming weekend, looks like I was a week too early, lol. 👍

Cant trust those damn weathermen...

The Mojave is wonderful and cool right now. Try heading north for the next month or two until the weather gets too cold up here then it will be prime Ocotillo Season down there.

OK its time again, going to Ocotillo wells from thursday night till Sunday afternoon, PM me if anybody wants to come out and do some riding!

-Jason

I'll have to see what work is like with this short week, i did Corral today, blew out my truck tire 4 miles from my house on the way back on the 8 👍

I am def interested in meeting up. I can't find anyone else to go ride with this weekend. Where are you planning on camping

Where are you planning on camping Diesel Power.
I am def interested in meeting up. I can't find anyone else to go ride with this weekend. Where are you planning on camping

About a mile west of the Blu Inn opposite the park (South) side of the 78 I can PM you my number if your coming out..

CHange of plans going tonight till Monday since it will be cooler..

If anybody wants to meet up PM me today, I will check in a few times before I leave, looking forward to meeting you guys if you come out, I got to CC a lot too (I take my wifes CRF 250X out there, the 450 is too much). I am getting tired of riding alone, I do it about 85% of the time...

I cant wait to ride! Been 2 weeks since I rode last, already having withdrawls...also it was nice speaking with you Gary, we will get together soon either at your place, Ocotillo, or Havasu. 👍

Awesome weekend, bike worked great and was nice meeting you guys (Wes and Darrel) thanks for coming out!

I will post up in advance when I am going out next, should be very soon, although I may be going to Havasu first before the next Ocotillo trip, but who knows..

See ya next time guys..had a great time.

OK going out again, Thurs night thru Sunday afternoon.

If anybody is looking to get out and ride lemme know, also looking for people looking to be challenged by trying some technical stuff, and fast desert riding!

I am going to pass this time to. Got non riding company coming so I am stuck home. I will just have to do the 4x4 thing this week end. I have been riding OW since 1968, where is the technical riding you mentioned?

If anybody is looking to get out and ride lemme know, also looking for people looking to be challenged by trying some technical stuff, and fast desert riding!

posable, I need to ride I think it would be just for a day ride if I can get away

I am going to pass this time to. Got non riding company coming so I am stuck home. I will just have to do the 4x4 thing this week end. I have been riding OW since 1968, where is the technical riding you mentioned?

On the south side of the 78, not in the actual "park" persay. I go back into the clay hills area and there are quite a few ridge rides with steep in/declines that make it interesting, not to mention no place to stop! Unless you feel like rolling down the hill with a 250lb motorcycle chasing you, lol.

There are also some nice ridge rides back to the North waaay past pumpkin patch that are fun too, not quite as challenging, but bigger (less steep) hills.

When you come out I will show you. 👍

posable, I need to ride I think it would be just for a day ride if I can get away

Go out if you can!

PM me if your thinking your going to go and I will give you my contact info.

I'm goin out Friday, gona stay at my uncle's spot again, he will be coming too. We're gonna go have fun with some exploding targets. I might stay out till Tuesday morning, nothings better than Monday night football in the desert on DTV.

I dont think i've seen the pumpkin patch, wouldnt mind meeting up with you guys and playing the caboose again (i'll bring some goggles this time 👍).