Sign in to follow this  

Carb question about TW200

I have a 1998 TW200 and the OEM carb has a broken piece that is part of the body and feel its not worth tying to repair it. Looking for a used OEM carb at a reasonable price has me thinking I have a better chance of winning big in a pro poker tournament even with my total lack of knowledge of the game. Seeing that I can buy a aftermarket universal carb much, much cheaper I'm thinking of going that route.

So my question is...... How hard would it be to adapt like say a Mikuni flat slide TM series MikuniFlatSideTMSeriesCarburetors2010LG.gif or a Keihin DG series 08DGKeihinCarbLG.gif? What mods would I have to make? Can I use the stock push/pull throttle cables and throttle tube? Any info would help me immensely. And thanks for looking.:smashpc:

If it has a mukuni carb,you should be able to obtain the part needed.....if it is a Teikei carb you can still obtain parts/ a new carb.

If it's the carb body though, I'm pretty sure Yamaha will only sell you a complete carb which is pretty pricey. It wouldn't hurt to check with Sudco for the Mikuni parts, even the whole carb, they're usually a lot cheaper than factory pricing.

FWIW, the TW200 should run ok on an XT, TT-R or TT 200-225 carb. There were also several three and four-wheelers with similar set ups, YFM and YTM model designations marketed as 4-moto and shopping cart filled with bowling balls and two wobbly wheels.

Even better,go to the tw200discussionforum.......someone there,more than likely has the part you need.