2012 or 2011 Must haves...

Going to be picking up my new 2012 Rmz 450 in a few weeks and was wondering what some of the must haves are. I weigh 220 now and have already lost 60 lbs so leaving the suspension stock and springed for a 190 lbs rider will be more motivation to lose that extra 30. So suspension as a must have is taken care of. I have a small list in my head of things I would like to get.

So far:

hour meter.

radiator guards?

hot start lever when it breaks because they are plastic.

gas can with a filter?

already have air filters from my 07 and from what I understand they are the same.

exhaust when I have the money because the muffler hole really restricts the bike for the sound requirements.

Anything else you guys or gals feel I should need as a must have? Thanks :smashpc:

air filter are the same yes.

hour meters are always a good easy way to know when to maintain it.

iv personally never broke my hotstart lever, im not telling you not to get one but maybe not first priority

i set my idle at 2,000 rpms (easy to do with the hour meter, i use the works connection) this was 4 clicks counter-clockwise on the idle knob from factory (will differ from bike to bike) but usually somewhere around 4 clicks

as far as the exhaust goes, its good from factory but the yoshi is the way to go 100%

and you may wanna re map it as well.

the grey (leaner) ECU plug works much better then the stock one i found as well

I have the Yosh on my 2012 as well. But I'm using the richer coupler with the cooler temps. Seems to start easlier too. Bling it out with a red Moto Hose kit and you're set.:smashpc:

Will definitely be getting a moto hose kit ? found out at the Budds Creek pro national that Steve was a very good friend of one of my friends.

anybody else?

I liked the Lightspeed carbon glide plate...expensive but light, good bottom and side case protection, does not add any stiffness to the frame, and looks cool too! The stock grips are thin and hard and the stock bars are kind of low for taller riders so that might be something you may end up changing. Ride it stock for a bit and you might be surprised just how easy and fun it is to ride right out of the showroom!:smashpc:

DSCN3304.jpg

• Like 1