CR22 Withdrawls from MEC

Reed Withdraws From Monster Energy Cup

by swapmoto

Twelve months ago to this day, Chad Reed took the next and most significant step in his motorsport career by establishing TwoTwo Motorsports.

Born from a desire to race for the love of it, Reed’s outfit grew from the ground up and a small but dedicated staff beat the odds to make it to the start line at Anaheim 1 for the new season of Supercross.

Reed thrived in his new role, relishing the day-to-day decisions challenging him as team owner, and this was reflected in his racing as he fought to finish a commendable second place in the Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship and third place in the Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championship, as well as leading Team Australia to its first-ever podium finish at last week’s Motocross of Nations in France.

The rigour of 365 straight days on and off the track has left Reed in need of a break and time with his young family, thus leaving him to make the difficult decision to withdraw from next month’s Monster Energy Cup in Las Vegas.

“I wouldn’t change a thing about the last 12 months,” said Reed. “It has been challenging and fulfilling at the same time, and personally, I have re-discovered my love of riding and racing.

“My decision to withdraw from the Monster Energy Cup certainly wasn’t an easy one. It is a unique concept and shaping up to be a fantastic event, but I felt it would not do justice to my fans and sponsors simply to show up if I was unprepared.

“Living and breathing 24 hours a day as a racer and team owner has meant I’ve not had as much time for my family as I have wanted, and its very important to me that I have a break before re-focusing on 2012 and going one better in Supercross,” he stated.

In addition to Reed’s racing and management role, he has dedicated considerable time and effort to his biography ‘My Way’, and was recognised earlier this year by the Governor General of Australia with a Member of the Order of Australia medal.

Source: TransWorld Motocross

Here they go. The top riders will be dropping this event one after the other now. Main reason is it is not part of one of the points series. Since most of the contracts out there these days are about the main SX or MX series this event is too risky for top riders to attend. Shame, cause it's a long wait till A1 in Jan. Sept. to Jan. is just too long of a break. There is enough time for a complete series of racing during that time period!

I'm just trying to understand the logic. i am not taking a stab at reed. thats his thing. if he isn't ready he isn't ready! its just kinda funny he said pretty much the same think js7 did and everyone started crap. who cares if he is a dad... or a husband.. or team owner. they are people and race! js was on a team that is SX only but everyone seems to think its his and only his choice to race or not! just funny thats all!

and i think i finally get it... you hate champions! not just js7! 4-0 and defending champions respect the pack!! go pack go!

I'm just trying to understand the logic. i am not taking a stab at reed. thats his thing. if he isn't ready he isn't ready! its just kinda funny he said pretty much the same think js7 did and everyone started crap. who cares if he is a dad... or a husband.. or team owner. they are people and race! js was on a team that is SX only but everyone seems to think its his and only his choice to race or not! just funny thats all!

and i think i finally get it... you hate champions! not just js7! 4-0 and defending champions respect the pack!! go pack go!

sooooo how about them vikings...0-4 :smashpc: