Sign in to follow this  

Washington Trail building segment Channel 8 kgw 6:00 pm

What a cool machine, I wonder if we have one of those trail cats locally? I like the article as well, access really is where its at. Getting out on a good trail is like being at a "vista point" or a "photo taking location" all day long.

Anything to promote single track is great. If it only remains the beauty queen on News for Oregon OHV we win. Still takes a lot more to build trail to for 100+ inch winter rain. (Never showed what it could do on a Trail 80 root step either.)

You guys need to talk to our own Washington/transplant to Oregon Tillamook Ranger and ask him about this machine!! Our own DNR could invest in one of these to reduce their labor costs and trailer it is necessary between Reiter, Walker, Capitol, etc. They're pricey ... but then so is a staff person plus benefits ... cool machine ... but now someone up here needs to action and get one!

think they have a machine at capitol? at least that was what I was told when asking why we can't put singletrack there? the answer being they didn't want any trail their machine wouldn't fit through?

We are super lucky to have Dave and Barrett around here. I had given up on the burn where i spent a majority of my childhood. What they have done to turn around Diamond Mill and other areas is nothing short of amazing. Those guys rule. Get on Daves mailing list and help out if you can, those guys are keeping the dream alive for us. :smashpc:

think they have a machine at capitol? at least that was what I was told when asking why we can't put singletrack there? the answer being they didn't want any trail their machine wouldn't fit through?

They do have a trail machine at CF; it is a small excavator with rubber tracks that they haul on a trailer behind a pickup. They used it to build new trails from Rock Candy Staging up to the ridge and the past few weeks they have been working near Straddleline on #50, NR#1, and the Lokki trail (they also closed #51).

DNR has stated that the reason for wide trails at CF is because the soil conditions are so bad at CF that the only economical way to maintain trails is with mechanized equipment. But that was before the ST240. :smashpc:

They run about 90k.

Greg

For about half that, On Any Sunday, I'll go tie some ribbons in the woods where somebody says they want a trail...buy some really nice prizes, have a sign-up, a few cold ones...and say "GO!"

When the day is over, I'll go cleanup whatever mess is left, fix any area where folks did something I don't like, and post an OPEN to Motorcycles sign.

I'm a non-profit organization :smashpc:

• Like 1

Didn't get a very close look at the machine or it's ability, but from what I could see, it sure looks alot like a 300.9D excavator minus the seat with double the price tag.

I looked into getting one of those machines, but at around $90,000.00 :busted: I said I do not think so, Plus they built it after you order it. I have to agree with "Slackkinhard" , it is way cheaper to just ribbon an area you want to go and in just a few hours of a poker run you have a new trail for no cost at all.👍 But our state will never go for that. That make to much common sense, and as everyone can see our elected officials have no common sense at all! :smashpc:

I have to agree with "Slackkinhard" , it is way cheaper to just ribbon an area you want to go and in just a few hours of a poker run you have a new trail for no cost at all.:smashpc:

That simply will not work for many areas. You rode Diamond Mill, well a little of the EZ stuff and you can see your not just free riding anything up there. Steep and loaded with foliage.