Sign in to follow this  

TTR 230...uncorked...dont need choke?

Took off airbox snorkel, took out muffler insert, 38 pilot and 130 main jets like project write-up, fuel screw out 1 turn...wouldnt start cold using choke, pushed choke in and she fired right up. Doesnt this mean too rich idle? I messed with the fuel screw some...seemed to stumble at 1/4 out and again about 2 to 2 1/2 out. Any thoughts?

Runs great...nice improvement. I'm not changing the front spocket...i like the extra low gear when descending steep inclines or putting along with my 6yo on a PW50... If i dont need the low range...just pull out in second gear.

It is the same for me with the CRF150F carb on a TTR125LEW. I am guessing it would be a rich pilot, but the bike idles and runs so well that I am not worried that I don't need a choke to start it. I am curious to see if that will change with the cold of winter.

My CRF150F used to be the same way, could sit for 2 weeks and would start right up with no choke needed, mightve been a bit too rich, but ran great, i say just leave it, better rich then lean is what i think.

thanks for replies...temp down to 50 over weekend...needed choke for 10 seconds or so to start...ran GREAT! Oh, and I put the exhaust muffler back in the pipe and set screw to best idle, which was at 3/4 turns out from bottom. Prefer quieter since im riding with my son trying to talk and explain how to handle certain situations. Great mods!

Edited by Mark_123