Sign in to follow this  

Tightening the axel pinch bolts and triple clamp bolts

When torqing the axle pinch bolts and triple clamp bolts, should I torque bolt number 1, then bolt number 2 then go back and re torque bolt 1?

I noticed when tightening and loosening these bolts that if I go back and re torque the first bolt, it turns a bit more before the wrench clicks.

I loosed up all the bolts again because I was worried about over torquing and doing dammage to the forks..

Happens to me too. I have also wondered if I should do 1 then 2 and leave it alone, or keep going till they both click. I am interested in what others have to say. I only worry about the fork pich bolts, not the axle.

Happens to me too. I have also wondered if I should do 1 then 2 and leave it alone, or keep going till they both click. I am interested in what others have to say. I only worry about the fork pich bolts, not the axle.

Both should be set the same, so go till both click.

The torque setting on these bolts is pretty light so I dont get to carried away with the wrench. I have more piece of mind by checking them more often than getting them to tight.

The torque setting on these bolts is pretty light so I dont get to carried away with the wrench. I have more piece of mind by checking them more often than getting them to tight.

If you're worried about your wrench being wrong then run a calibration on it every time you do those bolts.

Thanks guys, that's what I figured but was worried about distorting the tubes.