Sign in to follow this  

Help with my truck

Well my tires got old, one of them came apart, the tread on the others didn't look like it was going to hang on much longer either. Someone gave me a full set of 4 wheels and tires from a jeep he lifted and put bigger on right after buying, barely used. Problem being the front left hits the fender when I hit bumps. Whats the cheapest fix besides a hammer? is raising the front end the only option? Not that that fender is in good shape anyway though since someone sideswiped me down that side.

ztx0ee.jpg

Is it the backspacing on the wheels that could be causing the problem?

As in the tire is sticking out further and causing the rub?

can you trim the inner well? im sure a leveling kit would fix the problem

They do stick out, some from being wider and some from the spacing. Too wide for trimming inside the well, they're hitting the actual metal fender edge.

Have to have the leveling kit huh?

They do stick out, some from being wider and some from the spacing. Too wide for trimming inside the well, they're hitting the actual metal fender edge.

Have to have the leveling kit huh?

Leveling kits are usually are around 1.5-2in. It would do the trick I'm sure

not sure if its possible on your truck of if youve done it already but you can crank up your torsion bars and it'll raise it a bit too, but makes it ride pretty rough

I'd put the new tires on my stock Toyota wheels.

That should solve your issues.

My stock wheels are 14s. I do have a set of 15s from a Mazda MPV that fit tighter in to the wheel well though. Might try that since I think the spacer would require me to get it re-aligned.