Sign in to follow this  

Any of U guys runnin a helmet cam?

Last year I invested in a pretty sweet helmet cam. I was able to get some awsome footage throughout the riding season. For this season I'm trying out a couple new mounting angles, and editing software. Does anyone else use a helmet cam to capture your ride?

Below I've posted a link to a page where I post some of my videos. Feel free to check out "my other stories" to veiw my other videos. On some of them the GPS mode is displayed on the right, and it shows speed, map, and elevation.

http://contour.com/stories/cr250-speed-blast-down-sycamore-creek

I have the ContourHD. Took a lot of video on the snow last year, but really haven't done anything with the video.

I did catch some pretty good wrecks with it though... 12GB of video in a day trimmed down to about 40 frames worth of great video.

Hardly used it on dirt because the only mount I have right now is the goggle strap mount and most of the time I just wear sunglasses.

GoPro also. I had the Contour1080 originally and returned after the 1st ride with it. The GoPro kicks ass. See my sig line for my channel.

MAX!!!

Thanks for all the input and sharing your videos! Yea the Go Pro is very popular and I considered it, but i went with the Contour HD GPS and love it. I wanted one small, slinder, light enough i could mount in differant spots to get diffeant angles of crystal clear video. The gopro is so big and heavy and looks kinda goofy sticking up off the top of your helmet, but it would probly work sweet as a cam mounted on your chest or maybe handlebars. I'm designing a mount that mounts the cam on the front of the bike to catch all the action behind me. Very cool for sand drags, sand hill drags where I dominate all the other bikes!

Gopro HD. Under visor mount worked best for mee, too many branches to mount on the top.

Here's a decent single track vid using the GP. Quality could be better, got some water on the lense right out of the gate.