Sign in to follow this  

2011 crf 450 clutch solutions

There are many threads about potential solutions for the 2011 crf 450 clutch design flaws, I am just sharing what i have done.

I installed some after market clutch springs and that helped but the pull was alot firmer. Could probably live with it for play riding but not racing imo. So, finances are tight and have been saving for the Magura Hydraulic unit and I finally ordered it this week and it arrived today. It took like a maximum of 30 minutes to install and the pull is unbelievable, just so easy and soft.

I ran the bike down the street and the release and eveything is fine. Racing Saturday and i will report back the performance.

Phil

• Like 1

Good point on the Judder spring, yep....pulled that too. :smashpc:

So, I raced today and the nice soft pull of the Magura helped this old vet. Specifically, it just helped with over all arm and shoulder fatigue. Phenomenal after market part and well worth the investment imo.

Good luck.

Phil

Does the 2010 have the same judder spring set up as the 11? Im looking into the Magura also and want to do the springs and the mod if it requires me to do it.

i just did the Magura set up last week as well on my 11' 450 and i think I'm in love!! so much better then all the annoying fade of the stock set up. i must admit though i didn't install it correct the first time and it was a little close to my exhaust and i burnt through the cable :busted: but i rerouted and got the steal braided cable and now she works like a charm!!!

whats the cost of the hydraulic clutch setup? Just curious.. pros/cons of doing that mod?

Get a Hinson 6 spring and be happy ever after !....happy with a thiner wallet that is !

• Haha 1

thats not too bad then.. So do you go through clutches any faster having the hydraulic set up? I was reading that reed smokes a clutch in one moto!

My hour meter reads 30 hours on this 2011 with original clutch. It is hanging in there somehow, I probably use the clutch moderately in the corners and sometimes to speed shift. My riding season is probably over because of the snow where I live, so Will probably install new plates anyhow.

thats not too bad then.. So do you go through clutches any faster having the hydraulic set up? I was reading that reed smokes a clutch in one moto!

i saw that on inside the outdoors. Said they replace his clutch after each moto and oil comes out black/grey. He must never let off the throttle and just hammer on the whole race to smoke a clutch that fast. Honestly, i don't know how that is possible in a 30 minute moto.

i just did the Magura set up last week as well on my 11' 450 and i think I'm in love!! so much better then all the annoying fade of the stock set up. i must admit though i didn't install it correct the first time and it was a little close to my exhaust and i burnt through the cable🤣 but i rerouted and got the steal braided cable and now she works like a charm!!!

I did the exact same thing.... 🙂

Where are you guys rerouting the line? I had to loosen the banjo bolt and turn the line facing up. Its about a half inch from the pipe, still too close for comfort.

run fuel line heat shield over the line and tie the line to the coolant sensor on the back of the cylinder