Sign in to follow this  

Motocross KTM Signs Ryan Dungey

Best of luck to Ryan. It will be interesting to to see how KTM does this next season. Great to have more in the mix.:smashpc:

Another losing season is in store for Ryan! but congrats anyway Ryan for getting a ride on big orange !

• Like 1

Another losing season is in store for Ryan! but congrats anyway Ryan for getting a ride on big orange !

Another losing season?? Give him a damn break!! While he didn't win the championship in either SX or MX, he was right there, all season, and in damned near every race. He was a big part of what has arguably been the most exciting and entertaining year for quite some time. There is only one champion for each season, and a lot has to go right and very little go wrong for anyone to capture those championships. RV had that, RD didn't, simple as that. In Mx, RD had numerous moto wins and just as many overalls as Villo. If he has even close to the same year in '12 as he did in '11, he'll be in contention once again!:smashpc:👍:thumbsup:

This is a big deal for KTM, show's their commitment to the sport. The wise choice for Dungey. Cash and DeCoster. What's the down side?:smashpc:

This is a big deal for KTM, show's their commitment to the sport. The wise choice for Dungey. Cash and DeCoster. What's the down side?:smashpc:

A Big Loss to Suzuki

People jump brands and the anti-brand people come out... oh joy, logic tossed aside for emotion.

Get a grip, if he had signed with KTM a few years back, I'd say he had gone strictly for the money. This KTM ain't the KTM of 5 years ago. The bike that Dungey will be riding will be a contender, not an after thought. And Roger ain't managing just to collect a paycheck...

The team has enough podium potential to make a run at a Kawi/PC or Honda/FC-Geico team up. That's saying something... Yamaha and Suzuki are left out.

-Kerry

Good points.

Plus, KTM has lots of gas tanks in various capacities. No more running out of gas!

Red Bull's money, DeCoster's management, and KTM's commitment is an awesome combination.

The only real question is will the bike have the new 450 motor with FI and will KTM rush out a limited 2012-1/2 model.

I just hope RD and RV have equally matched bikes, so we can watch another good season of racing.

Roczen and Dungey on KTM team was definitely what I had hoped for and I'm quite happy.

Regardless I belive Dungey has his head on straight unlike a lot of other racers. Main point being (although it may seem small) his little comment that KTM is dedicated to EARN championships. Kinda shows he expects to work hard for his results and not be handed them just because hes a top level racer.

Good points.

Plus, KTM has lots of gas tanks in various capacities. No more running out of gas!

Red Bull's money, DeCoster's management, and KTM's commitment is an awesome combination.

The only real question is will the bike have the new 450 motor with FI and will KTM rush out a limited 2012-1/2 model.

I just hope RD and RV have equally matched bikes, so we can watch another good season of racing.

yes here is the bike right here FI and all

First of all I never talk nonsense, second I asked politely but no one wanted it why should them post it here, third pics are my property!

Pics are over 5 month old :smashpc:

Avstrijsko-prvenstvo-Sittendorf-2011-0456.jpg

Avstrijsko-prvenstvo-Sittendorf-2011-0864.jpg

I think this is awesome. I've always rooted for the KTM riders but I've never owned one. Back in 03 when I was racing 125s I test rode a KTM and even though I wanted it so bad, I went with a jap bike because the KTM just felt awkward. Back when they went through the big redesign in 2007 I test rode the 250 and 125 and loved them.

Somebody else said something along the lines of; they have Roger, now they have Dungey, do they REALLY have the bike? It's obvious they are serious this season and I'm sure he will do fine on it. I would love to see him win on it but I'm not sure the bike will be as good or better than the bike he just got off of. Hopefully it is!

Finally. I'm anxious to see what happens to his results riding the new bike.

Well, Cairoli could run with Dungey in the Mx of nations on a Ktm. So i really don't see why the bike should be a problem?

I dont own a KTM , but I think it would be cool to see a winning bike come from somewhere other than the orient. It will keep the Japanese manufacturers on their toes. It's all good in my book. Ryan strikes me as no fool and he apparently thinks he can do it on the orange bike. I wish him well I think he is a class act.:smashpc: