Sign in to follow this  

This pretty cool

Not very cool. Unless you just want something to ride circles around the house on. It's a childs toy, not a bike.

That thing should say playschool on it.I hate to point out the obvious, but if people buy these sad excusses for motorcycles, our peanut pc brained government is going to think this is a good idea and little by little our real, actually usable motorcycles will be regulated out of our lives.

Only one way to stop this decent into a world of bikes by powerwheels, don't buy them.

If we don't buy, they have no market, no market, no profit,and poof- the bad idea is gone.

For the few tree humpers that like this toy, how much are you willing to pay to dispose of the "toxic waste" that is the batteries and then how much will you pay for new ones, all so you can ride 30 minutes at a time, just don't get it wet.

• Like 1

That thing should say playschool on it.I hate to point out the obvious, but if people buy these sad excusses for motorcycles, our peanut pc brained government is going to think this is a good idea and little by little our real, actually usable motorcycles will be regulated out of our lives.

Only one way to stop this decent into a world of bikes by powerwheels, don't buy them.

If we don't buy, they have no market, no market, no profit,and poof- the bad idea is gone.

For the few tree humpers that like this toy, how much are you willing to pay to dispose of the "toxic waste" that is the batteries and then how much will you pay for new ones, all so you can ride 30 minutes at a time, just don't get it wet.

Once upon a time, motorcycles were slow, unreliable, gutless, and had short ranges.

As technology improves and the battery technology gets better (IDK if you're aware of this, but junk batteries are worth MONEY right now-that's right, you can get PAID for them when they're no good anymore), the market will open up.

If I could buy a bike that has a 3 hour ride time, weighs 200lbs and puts down 40HP to the rear tire for the same price as a gasser, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

All the guys spending gobs of cash to achieve that low end grunt fail to realize that electric motors create all their power all across the RPM range. Imagine having 40 hp from 1 RPM all the way up to 14k?

Noise issues? They would cease to exist. Anyone who can control the dust could have a full on MX track in their backyard.

Something a bit more up on the technology evolution scale

http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/

They got a ways to go yet, but they're getting closer.

You get 4 whole dollars for your olr 80 dollar battery, that is only for lead acid, the batteries used in these playschool (lets spell it the company way so kids learn wrong is ok-playskool) bikes is going to be ni-cad, you pay to get rid of those.

People also think the prius is green, they close there eyes to the whole story,as long as the neighbor sees them in that toy they feel superior.

A little truth of electic toy cars, the same prodution model bikes would use. The Prius' battery contains nickel, which is mined in Ontario Canada. The plant that smelts this nickel is apparently nicknamed "the Superstack" because of the amount of pollution it puts out; the area for miles around it is a wasteland because of acid rain and air pollution.

But the main problem that the "Dust to Dust" study has with the Prius' impact on the environment comes next.

That smelted nickel then has to travel (via container ship) to Europe to be refined, then to China to be made into "nickel foam," then to Japan for assembly, and finally to the United States. All this shipment for each tiny step in the production process costs a great deal, both in dollars and in pollution.

The study then concludes that -- all the production costs in mind -- the Prius costs about $3.25 per mile and is expected to last about 100,000 miles. The Hummer, on the other hand, with all the same factors counted, costs about $1.95 per mile and is expected to last about 300,000 miles.

Incorrect. My dad took 4 batteries we had laying around the house in, and got 37 dollars..

One was a small battery from a suzuki LT80, one was from a mower, 2 were car batteries..

Yea, if your only getting $4 a battery your going to the wrong scrap yard. I'm assuming you mean car sized batteries. I wanna say we got something like $65 for 4 car batteries and an ATV battery.

Electric dirtbikes will be rad some day. Imagine having a full on MX track next to the neighborhood park just like some parks have BMX tracks. They just need to be able to bring technology like we've had in the RC world for awhile into bigger scale and get the batteries smaller and lighter. With the batteries and brushless motors we're using now these RC trucks put down mad power and run forever compared to only a few years ago.

You get 4 whole dollars for your olr 80 dollar battery, that is only for lead acid, the batteries used in these playschool (lets spell it the company way so kids learn wrong is ok-playskool) bikes is going to be ni-cad, you pay to get rid of those.

I got $37 each for some semi batteries two weeks ago. They are twice the size of a car battery, but even then, you're talking almost $20 for those.

You are right on the ni-cad batteries having to be disposed of properly, but due to the high cost of the metals, there are many recyclers who will take them free of charge. If you got alot of them, you might be able to broker a deal.

People also think the prius is green, they close there eyes to the whole story,as long as the neighbor sees them in that toy they feel superior.

A little truth of electic toy cars, the same prodution model bikes would use. The Prius' battery contains nickel, which is mined in Ontario Canada. The plant that smelts this nickel is apparently nicknamed "the Superstack" because of the amount of pollution it puts out; the area for miles around it is a wasteland because of acid rain and air pollution.

But the main problem that the "Dust to Dust" study has with the Prius' impact on the environment comes next.

That smelted nickel then has to travel (via container ship) to Europe to be refined, then to China to be made into "nickel foam," then to Japan for assembly, and finally to the United States. All this shipment for each tiny step in the production process costs a great deal, both in dollars and in pollution.

The study then concludes that -- all the production costs in mind -- the Prius costs about $3.25 per mile and is expected to last about 100,000 miles. The Hummer, on the other hand, with all the same factors counted, costs about $1.95 per mile and is expected to last about 300,000 miles.

IDK where you got the copy-paste spam from, but let's look at this like intelligent adults.

First, if the Prius costs $3.25 per mile and is only good for 100k miles, that would mean they cost $325,000. I'm not a mathematician, but I'm pretty sure Toyota isn't taking a quarter mill plus loss on every Prius they sell.

Using your math, a Hummer costs $5,850,000.

Ignoring the math errors (well, this is kind of a math error), you'll be one lucky soul if you can get a GM product to last 300k miles.:smashpc:

I got $37 each for some semi batteries two weeks ago. They are twice the size of a car battery, but even then, you're talking almost $20 for those.

You are right on the ni-cad batteries having to be disposed of properly, but due to the high cost of the metals, there are many recyclers who will take them free of charge. If you got alot of them, you might be able to broker a deal.

IDK where you got the copy-paste spam from, but let's look at this like intelligent adults.

First, if the Prius costs $3.25 per mile and is only good for 100k miles, that would mean they cost $325,000. I'm not a mathematician, but I'm pretty sure Toyota isn't taking a quarter mill plus loss on every Prius they sell.

Using your math, a Hummer costs $5,850,000.

Ignoring the math errors (well, this is kind of a math error), you'll be one lucky soul if you can get a GM product to last 300k miles.👍

you mean $585,000 :smashpc:

I love how people are trying to justify getting1/10 the cost at most for there old batteries, how is that a good thing? So you get 8 instead of 4 bucks for a battery that cost you 80 or more.

You just hold on to that dream, maybe they won't be that hard to push back out of the trailFebercrossSXC.jpg I can hardly wait

The day that I can go riding for 10 hours without a recharge, get 40hp and the bike only weighs 200lbs I will consider an electric bike.

On the the environmental impact of Prius. I drive a 1966 f100 with a stroked 390(410-6.75L) that makes a mountain of torque 497 foot pounds to be exact and gets a whopping 5mpg city 8 highway. I did some math on this a while ago and found that for the carbon foot print of my truck to exceed that of a new Prius including assembly and shipment it would take about 110,000 miles of driving for both. This does not include other pollution from batteries, tires, paints, other carbon emissions I couldn't find, etc. This shows that I make less pollution by driving my 46 year old f100 than a Prius, so now I can be the smug one.

I love how people are trying to justify getting1/10 the cost at most for there old batteries, how is that a good thing? So you get 8 instead of 4 bucks for a battery that cost you 80 or more.

How much are you getting for your old gasoline? Let me know cause I want in on that deal!

• Like 1

You just hold on to that dream, maybe they won't be that hard to push back out of the trailFebercrossSXC.jpg I can hardly wait

How much are you getting for your old gasoline? Let me know cause I want in on that deal!

Damn you beat me to it!:smashpc:

Add to that, your waste coolant and oil.

Once upon a time, motorcycles were slow, unreliable, gutless, and had short ranges.

As technology improves and the battery technology gets better (IDK if you're aware of this, but junk batteries are worth MONEY right now-that's right, you can get PAID for them when they're no good anymore), the market will open up.

If I could buy a bike that has a 3 hour ride time, weighs 200lbs and puts down 40HP to the rear tire for the same price as a gasser, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

All the guys spending gobs of cash to achieve that low end grunt fail to realize that electric motors create all their power all across the RPM range. Imagine having 40 hp from 1 RPM all the way up to 14k?

Noise issues? They would cease to exist. Anyone who can control the dust could have a full on MX track in their backyard.

Something a bit more up on the technology evolution scale

http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/

They got a ways to go yet, but they're getting closer.

This also going to destroy the sport we all grew to love. Terrible, terrible idea. The fun of a bike is hearing it run.

Jeeze man the tree huggers already have some of you guys thinking an eletric bike is a good idea:bonk:

Why because it is quiet and will make the hippy enviromentards happy? Ok maybe if your sculpting a motocross track in your backyard downtown but other than that nothin beats the sound, feel and smell of a REAL engine, that we have all enjoyed for many years. Dont let them take that away from us.

No doubt riding is the best part, its the overall experience and part of that is the sound smell and feel of a gas engine vs an eletric. Dont take things to the extreme, I never said we need to run straight pipes and be loud as hell like the hardly riders in that vid.