Sign in to follow this  

new guy with new to me 93 RM125

Hi I've been lurking about the site for the last few weeks since I picked up this 1993 RM for $500 bucks.

bike.jpg

The bike is really well decked out, with PC pipe, excil rims, protaper bar, EBC brakes, V-Force reeds and RG3 Suspension. When I got it it needed a new intake boot, and the tranny would only shift into 1st. After some searches here I took the clutch out and found that the shifter and shift pawl were not meshed together correctly, and were off by 1 tooth. With that sorted and a new intake boot, i fired it up yesterday and tried it out. The bike went well and shifted into all gears, which was great. However I couldn't get the bike to idle. It has a Mikuni flatslide carb that doesn't appear to be stock , as it is different than the one shown in my 93 service manual.

mikuni.jpg

So how do I adjust the idle with this carb.

I was told by the seller that the bike had 03 plastics on it, but honestly it doesn't look like any of the bikes in the show your rm's sticky. The Frame has the P designation so I am pretty sure it is a 93 frame. Can anyone tell me what year plastics they are? Does this mean that the tank is from a different year as well?

The bike also came with a 94 rolling chassis, so I was wondering what other year motors would fit into the roller so I could make it a runner. I think I would only need a motor, gas tank and seat to make it come together.

Thanks for your help.

lol the idle screw is gone :smashpc:

see the hole? thats where the screw goes

the plastics look 93; they are the same as the 94

i even think 93=94

Wow I feel dumb.... Any idea where I could source an idle screw or where to look for a mikuni part number? Thanks for the help.

As for the plastic I guess my confusion comes from the fact that all of the pics I have seen show the rad shrouds inset into the side of the tank and mine completely cover the side of the tank.

Edited by sgrenier35
stupid spellcheck

yes that's something weird

if i look on american sites for rm 93 i get the same one as the 92 version

but here in europe the 93 is the same as the 94

i don't know how that is

and for the idle screw

idk, maybe ask some local mx dealers

I have the same year bike, with the same carb, and also paid $500,:smashpc:.

IMO when I try to adjust my idle screw, that your missing, i really didnt hear a change difference in the motor, but still it would be best to have one in anyways..

the other screw on the bottom is the air screw, which can make the bike run richer or leaner, best to keep that 1 1/2 turns out stock, but you probaly already know that.

those plastics are 93/94/95 and the idle screw is part number 16 and 18 on the site below

http://www.bikebandit.com/1993-suzuki-rm125p/o/m6565#sch257774

Chapperall motor sports or Rocky Mountain-O.E.M Part,Order 3 or 4,they tend to vibrate out-even with the nut on the screw. Nice score on the RM-Check these out- We have 4 90's to 95'ers There great.Parts still everywere.

check-out some of my Pics on photobucket-Prostreetray.

Parts-There are a few E-bay stores that have great 90's 2-T parts.-93-95 RM 125 and 250 plastics are the same.-Type that in on E-bay Motors-search---and there is new and used Plastics all over.----Again-Nice score-Good-Luck.

Drews92RM125016.jpg

Edited by prostreetray

I have the same year bike, with the same carb, and also paid $500,🤣.

IMO when I try to adjust my idle screw, that your missing, i really didnt hear a change difference in the motor, but still it would be best to have one in anyways..

the other screw on the bottom is the air screw, which can make the bike run richer or leaner, best to keep that 1 1/2 turns out stock, but you probaly already know that.

those plastics are 93/94/95 and the idle screw is part number 16 and 18 on the site below

http://www.bikebandit.com/1993-suzuki-rm125p/o/m6565#sch257774

the idle screw on my 91 rm doesn't do much either 👍

i think the screw or the slide is just worn

the slide is normally black, but that's almost totally gone on my one

hey, what do you want after 20 years of abuse! it's time i get my own house so i can place the bike in my living room :smashpc::busted: