Sign in to follow this  

2005 carb on a 1992 yz250 ?

has any one done this? if so what mads have to be done and what parts are needed ?

Well, the 2005 has the TPS and Powerjet. The 1992 bike does not have the electrical connections to support those so they would not be functional. That's not a big deal though. You can just keep the TPS disconnected and block off/disable the powerjet.

Does the newer carb even fit size-wise? The 2005 Keihin PWK is a shorty carb, like only 75mm front to back. I'm thinking the older carb is longer. You could probably use another PWK off an older CR250 or an aftermarket PWK from Sudco or JD Jetting.

i was wondering if the cdi from the 05 can be mated to the stator of the early 90's . im putting a yz360 engine into on 05 frame. id like to take advantage of the newer powerjet carb.

i was wondering if the cdi from the 05 can be mated to the stator of the early 90's . im putting a yz360 engine into on 05 frame. id like to take advantage of the newer powerjet carb.

No, the stator matches the cdi's "extras'.(if i recall,has a small extra coil) As said, the newer carb will work great without anything hooked up,just run a bigger main jet to make up for not running the powerjet... i use a newer carb like that on my 75mx 250 and my 98YZ:thumbsup: