Sign in to follow this  

California Chaparral Parking lot sale

So how many of you hit it up today? Seemed like there were less people than a couple years ago (2009) but people said there were more than last year. I miss their sales from the 90s though, seems every year they just start getting closer and closer to retail prices not making it worth the effort.

I went early, got a great parking space next to the gate and made out on a ton of 2 stroke exhausts from PC (6 pipes, 4 silencers all new) (FMF didn't really haggle anywhere near PC's prices that and they wanted almost full price for dented pipes, shame because I love their products). Grabbed way too many tires, and lots of riding gear. Stayed away from Chaparral's corner, never any good deals.

Anyhow, just left and lots of stuff still out there (4 hours of lines wore me down though).

My brother and I went this morning. set of tires for $50 was a deal so we didnt pass that up. Got some pants and jerseys and goggles from Chap's coroner for a decent price. Also picked up some Castor 927 jugs.

My brother and I went this morning. set of tires for $50 was a deal so we didnt pass that up. Got some pants and jerseys and goggles from Chap's coroner for a decent price. Also picked up some Castor 927 jugs.

Yeah I got 6 sets of tires for 140 (3 sets of Maxxis and 3 of the Kenda Triples), went back and grabbed 6 more sets haha, forget the vendor but they were by the trees / fence next to O'Neal section.

I avoided the Chap corner because every year prior I've been they do zero haggling / near retail. The O'Neal gear was selling quick, great deals there especially for my kids since they go through gear so quick. Same with the sunglasses (grabbed a bit there too).

Really sucks because in the PC area they had Hinson clutch parts new for 50 and they had them for 426s and crap but not CR250s / KTMs gah lol

Yeah I got 6 sets of tires for 140 (3 sets of Maxxis and 3 of the Kenda Triples), went back and grabbed 6 more sets haha, forget the vendor but they were by the trees / fence next to O'Neal section.

I avoided the Chap corner because every year prior I've been they do zero haggling / near retail. The O'Neal gear was selling quick, great deals there especially for my kids since they go through gear so quick. Same with the sunglasses (grabbed a bit there too).

Really sucks because in the PC area they had Hinson clutch parts new for 50 and they had them for 426s and crap but not CR250s / KTMs gah lol

I just got back too. Very odd assortment of parts. Kenda and Maxxis was pretty much all there was in tires (Michilen at retail) and in limited sizes. No full wrap hand guards, lots of Chinese helmets, boots, ramps, gas cans, etc. FMF's booth was all used or orphaned pipes only. Good prices on Golden Spectro Oil (that and Maxima were the only brands there). If it wern't for the tires (got a Maxxiss D-IT 120/100/18 + 120/90/19 for $112.00) it would have been a waste of time.

I just got back too. Very odd assortment of parts. Kenda and Maxxis was pretty much all there was in tires (Michilen at retail) and in limited sizes. No full wrap hand guards, lots of Chinese helmets, boots, ramps, gas cans, etc. FMF's booth was all used or orphaned pipes only. Good prices on Golden Spectro Oil (that and Maxima were the only brands there). If it wern't for the tires (got a Maxxiss D-IT 120/100/18 + 120/90/19 for $112.00) it would have been a waste of time.

Yeah crap ton of Chinese parts this year. The FMF booth was a joke, they had a pipe for a 150R (looking for the Wife's bike) that had crap generic piping welded on by what looked like a 2 year old to a powerbomb, the megabomb was nicer but the welds literally looked liked it was done by someone that was being trained (big big blobs, not ground down etc...) and dented to hell for 175 with zero wiggle room.

I love FMF parts but their booth is always a disappointment.

I picked up a F&R Maxxis Desert IT, a pair of Troy Lee Pants , a couple jerseys, a tee shirt, some No Toil Oil, and some FOX stickers for the schmotovan. Didn't see any gloves or boots that jumped out at me. Was a weird mixture of stuff. Some good deals though . . . especailly if you need a bunch of stuff.

I got some hoodies for $20 didn't need anything else. I always check out the new bikes, who doesn't like to look at new bikes? And I ask the closest sale dude, where's the street legal EXCs? He tells me that KTM had bought them all back because they didn't meet DOT standards. He also tells me that the also bought back the XCF-Ws because they failed CARB and that the XCFs they had are all red sticker. I thought the XC lines were the off road green stickered bikes. Anyone know if this is true?

I got some hoodies for $20 didn't need anything else. I always check out the new bikes, who doesn't like to look at new bikes? And I ask the closest sale dude, where's the street legal EXCs? He tells me that KTM had bought them all back because they didn't meet DOT standards. He also tells me that the also bought back the XCF-Ws because they failed CARB and that the XCFs they had are all red sticker. I thought the XC lines were the off road green stickered bikes. Anyone know if this is true?

The only 2012 KTM bikes that show up on the CARB EO list as On Highway (ONMC) are the 1190 RC8 R, the 990 Adventurer, the 990 Adventurer R and the 990 SMT. No KTMs show up as Off Highway (OFMC) green sticker for 2012. The listing of KTMs is huge for the red sticker list.

See the CARB EO listings here: http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad/cert/cert.php#6

Go almost to the bottom to the Executive Orders Listing.

it has been lame for years.

Meh, the tires alone are worth the effort. That and PC's section. The rest is just chinese crap, or crap being sold at retail or slightly above retail like everything else in the Chaparral store, but just outside and for cash only.

It used to be pretty good, I'll keep going until they quit having great deals on decent tires I want (Desert IT, and the like).

Also, lame FMF had the JT gear out and they didn't have it for sale (just for display). Got me all excited for nothing. (Seriously, so disappointed in FMF. Their section gets worse and worse every year).

I walked out with a pair of Jett boots for $225. Now I need to see how well they do. I got 6 years out of my SG10 got my fingers crossed.

I thought EVS gear was priced to move. and the tires where a good deal too.

Yeah FMF...:smashpc:

Chaparral, so expensive. Try motorcross-atv.com

Hey Derrell I just check them out on your tip but their prices seem high too. It must be motorcycle suff inflation.

Ben

Just got Chapparal's new 2012, very nice they have some nice deals I guess my expensive reply got heard. Anybody want to ride Octillo Wells Nov 12- 14 2011?

Darrell