Sign in to follow this  

Urgent!! Pitster Pro??

I'm going to check out a 2008 pitster pro x4 tomorrow. It has everything you can think of. 215 bore kit, cam, crank, Miniku carb, pro circuit exhaust, elka shock, and a ton more. Alot more motor mods that im not to sure of. I talked to a guy at a pitster dealer today and he said that a bike with that many mods is trouble. The bike im looking at was always professionly maintained and everything was installed by a pro. I couldn't tell if the guy at the dealer was being truthful, or trying to make a sale on the stock x4 he had for sale. Is the x4 im going to look at worth it?

I would be a little concerned about the long term reliability of a such a built motor. If you're ok with the potential trade offs involved with having such a highly modded motor then go for it because no doubt the thing is gonna haul ass. I would try and get some receipts or something (name and # of the guy who built the engine) to go along with it if you choose to buy so you'll know what is going on inside your engine in case you ever need to do any maintenance. How much is the seller asking?

well the bike was raced, at the 2up minis a couples times. If i go along with the deal i will be getting all of the stock motor parts and receipts and all that. and it is actually a trade for my 2004 klx 110. It has a couple small pitbike mods like tall bars and stiff springs but nothing huge. I mean my bikes in amazing condition but i still feel like this would be a more than fair trade, because he wants it straight up.

Sounds like a deal man. I would do it if it were me.