Sign in to follow this  

KTM 250SX Spring rates

Right i have got my new to me 09 250SX, riding today the fork springs are way to light, i have done a calculation online here are the results:

Screenshot2011-10-01at221453.png

I think these springs are suitable but can someone please confirm?

The figures are in nm and kg which is throwing me out maybe some-one a bit clevererer may know what i need!

Fork:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WP-FRONT-FORK-SPRINGS-KTM-SX-07-YAM-YZF-06-09-0-48N-m-/270789595652?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3f0c515204#ht_1093wt_956

Shock:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280715750140?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1093wt_956

Thanks in advance!

the fork springs are correct but the shock spring is a progressive and will not be correct for you

the fork springs are correct but the shock spring is a progressive and will not be correct for you

It doesn't state they are for the 09 SX but i assume they are the same forks as the 07 SX just a different colour? Can you suggest a place to get a shock spring that wont cost the earth? or will a 450 SXF spring work?

mark at rss suspension on here is good for springs and a 450 one will work

what rate is it

72 N/mm as it's written there :smashpc:

you need at least 4.8 N/mm front and 76 N/mm rear

depending on your skills and riding style even a little more

72 N/mm as it's written there :smashpc:

you need at least 4.8 N/mm front and 76 N/mm rear

depending on your skills and riding style even a little more

Thanks mate i bought the 4.8 N/mm front springs today and i have just checked the bike and it has a 75 N/mm rear on it anyways, i will set me sag and go from there. Do KTM's need a higher rate spring due to the pds? i only had to put a 5.5 N/mm rear on my YZ?

Thanks for all the info, can anybody tell me how much oil i should put in the outer fork after i change the springs? and is 5wt correct?

360ml of 5wt oil is the standard amount for the outer chamber.

Bear in mind that very likely a revalving has to be done (at least the rebound).