Sign in to follow this  

2-stroke are not dead yet.....2005 CR250 hole shots

We Re built a 2005 CR250 from ground up, Running a PC pipe, stock porting, compression 190...squish .050, v-force3. Stock carb...totally re jetted.

Raced the vet fest at Red Bud in the 18+ Open class, 37 riders pulled both hole shots and won the over all.

The video's are at Red bud, 250 class...38 riders..............

Edited by HI-TECH HORSEPOWER

Gooooo Bubba!!!!!

Its great to see the 2Stroke with "no torque" pull on all the 4's good job!!

get video of him riding and dont put any stupid ass songs.....we want to hear the motor, not some lame music!!

Please

get video of him riding and dont put any stupid ass songs.....we want to hear the motor, not some lame music!!
and thank you!

I fixed it for you.

Nice, I rode my friends '06 today @ washougal after he did the PWK swap wow MUCH! better would of made that holeshot way easier! That TMX is just garbage on the CR if I had an '05+ myself the tmx be in the parts bin gathering dust!! bye bye anymore loading up or bog much better snap the lower end power is easier to tap into now power is broader and easier to use those who are procrastinating on the swap are missing out big time.

Nice, I rode my friends '06 today @ washougal after he did the PWK swap wow MUCH! better

A PWK with, or without TPS or TPS disconnected ? If your TPS on a Mikuni Is sending the wrong info to the computer it will screw the internal map up big time.

I can only speak of my 03 CR 250...I have no TPS on mine. did Honda start after 03 with TPS?

and yes I waited too long to swap for a PWK total different bike...in a good way

Headed to Red Bud MX for the end of the year Grass Race/XR's. I'll get more 2-stroke hole shots vids.

Yea, Bubba(son) been racing since he was 4, now he 18(WHERE DOES TIME GO?). We been a 2-stroke die-hard he's never been on a four-stroke. He raced a CR125/153 in the 250 class and has done very well, he loves the CR250.

Its hard to get a good vid of racing at Red Bud because the track is long/Big, but the grass track is a little smaller this weekend, I'll see what I can do.

I have a PWK for this bike just haven't installed it yet, I will hook the TPS back up because of the top end................

Red Bud MX end of the year Grass Race/XR's too.

Here is 2cd moto hole shot, two HONDA CR250 pull the hole shot in the second moto. Zac took 1st in both moto's.

I got GoPro vid of 1st & 2cd moto but when i down load it to YouTube it says it saved and done processing but when i go to my account it isnt there...........................I'll figure it out, and post them.

Got it, here's the GoPro vid:

1st Moto

2cd Moto

wait til he pulls the holeshot against 450s... I was in michigan home on leave after returning from the desert and pulled the holeshot in the open class with my 250sx...man did that feel good... Bubba is a great rider!

Its funny the audio is so much different on the second one. Maybe some mud got in there. Your son is an awesome rider.

I can't get past the subject line. Of course 2-strokes are not dead! They slaughter every bike with the same displacement in 4-stroke, and there isn't a 4-stroke rider who's ridden both that won't tell you that a 4-stroke isn't easier to ride! Says alot to me.

250 2t spanking 450's is even sweeter

I can't get past the subject line. Of course 2-strokes are not dead! They slaughter every bike with the same displacement in 4-stroke, and there isn't a 4-stroke rider who's ridden both that won't tell you that a 4-stroke isn't easier to ride! Says alot to me.

250 2t spanking 450's is even sweeter

thmike : wait til he pulls the holeshot against 450s... I was in michigan home on leave after returning from the desert and pulled the holeshot in the open class with my 250sx...man did that feel good... Bubba is a great rider!

Thanks!

Once we got the bike completely done we went to Red Bud for the Vet Fest(August). Zac ask me if he could ride the Open18+ class(450's), at first I didn't want him too.................long story short, pulled both hole shots, took a 4th the first moto, took 1st the secound moto, that gave him the overall win. There where 41 riders. I wish we had the Go-Pro then.:

👍thmike THANKS!

KJ55: Its funny the audio is so much different on the second one. Maybe some mud got in there. Your son is an awesome rider.

Thanks! yea did something wrong?

Gene