Sign in to follow this  

Crf230f upgrade

im 16 about 5,8 130lbs and im looking for an upgrade from my crf230f. i mostly ride trails and pits but i want to start getting into racing such as hare scrambles or even motocross. i need something with more power and i can pretty much ride my 230 to it's limits. Im on sorta a tight budget of about 2000 dollars so im wondering what would be the best choice. Im thinking about a 2t 125 or 4t 250. i've never rode a 2t but want to try one because of the lightness and ease of maintenance. thanks.

my friend recently graduated his 230 to a cr 250... loves it and never looked back. go test ride a couple on craigslist and see which one you like better. I would personally go with the 250 4t because I moved on from my cr125 to this bike and it's awesome. relatively easy maintenance and tons of power. A little easier to ride, but I love the low end it has compared to the cr where the power is located in one area of the RPM range. better for trails and such I think.

but don't take my word for it, go try one for yourself. anythings better than the 230 :smashpc: