Sign in to follow this  

02 CR250 jetting questions.?

Hi there i was looking to lean out my bike from loading up as easily as id does on idle. the jetting in the TMX carb is 380 main jet, 32.5 slow jet. and the needle im not sure i cant figure out how to get it out.i have fmf exhaust as well. would it make much difference if i switched to a 30 piolet and a 370 main? could there be anouther reason for my bike running a little rich. also does anyone know how to tell when to repack a fmf silencer?and would a kiethin airstyker be better.thanks!

have you tried using the air screw adjustment to figure out if your pilot is correctly sized?

to remove the needle, once you have the slide in your hand, grab the spring with the other hand and pull it up until you expose just the cable (spring should come up and also should bring up the round plastic retainer) then while holding the spring and cable, use the same hand and push the cable into the slide and then away from the "retaining" hole. then use a 6mm socket to remove the needle retainer and out comes the needle.

Get the JD jet kit, just put it in mine and it worked great. Or i had my 02 set up pretty good with the stock jetting by dropping the needke one clip (Leaner) and setting the float level about 2mm more 16-17mm and the air screw 2 turns out. I would not put a smaller main jet in without doing the plug chop test, you would risk toasting your top end.

have you tried using the air screw adjustment to figure out if your pilot is correctly sized?

to remove the needle, once you have the slide in your hand, grab the spring with the other hand and pull it up until you expose just the cable (spring should come up and also should bring up the round plastic retainer) then while holding the spring and cable, use the same hand and push the cable into the slide and then away from the "retaining" hole. then use a 6mm socket to remove the needle retainer and out comes the needle.

thanks man can you tell me how to remove the nozzle so i can see what it is. im also not sure exactly what it is or where.thanks

thanks man can you tell me how to remove the nozzle so i can see what it is. im also not sure exactly what it is or where.thanks

Believe it's beneath the main jet.

this applies to the 01's. i DO NOT know if the 02 mikuni is the same carb so take this FWIW.

remove the bowl. see the main jet? the main jet is screwed into the nozzle/needle jet. it should have a hex head that you just unscrew.

633_needle_jet.jpg

and for size comparison

5129265487_3eece901ce.jpg

• Like 1

this applies to the 01's. i DO NOT know if the 02 mikuni is the same carb so take this FWIW.

remove the bowl. see the main jet? the main jet is screwed into the nozzle/needle jet. it should have a hex head that you just unscrew.

633_needle_jet.jpg

and for size comparison

5129265487_3eece901ce.jpg

I thought the 01's came with the PWK A/S carb.....02 and newer have the garbage TMX

Edit: The 00 model had the PWK....the 01 and newer had the garbage TMX

The CR 250 carb from 01'-03' should be the same. PWK's came on the 99' and 00'.

The CR 250 carb from 01'-03' should be the same. PWK's came on the 99' and 00'.

so then its safe to say only after 03 does the nozzle become non replaceable?