2011 KX250f Suspension Recomendations

Looking to get my suspension worked on and do not know which company to choose. I have a 2011 Kx250f, looking to spend under a grand.. Who do you guys go to to get your suspension worked on, what did it cost, was it worth it, was there a noticable differnce from stock?

below are some qoutes i have gotten from mx tech and factory connection

Factory Connection

Revalve Labor & Fluids $407

Springs $0

Revalve Parts $60

Wear Parts Estimate $125

Total Estimate $592

Mx-tech

The springs are $220 total.

The valving and set-up is $500

The subvalve system is $75

Heres some info about me

165lb without gear, complaints are front end shakeyness at high speeds, doesnt absorb much of the hit from braking bumps or a rough track

just got mine revalved from race tech..there settings was a bit soft, but i called em up spoke to them and explained problem, they were of great help, and im hitting jumps,brake bumps like there not even there. my most complains with stocks was the front end diving and sliding, rear kicks out alot..overall not a very comfy ride and really puts a barrier on your speed and ability to ride.

you can check out pro circuit, they gave me an estimate of 750$ including springs (stage two performance kit),mb1 suspension around 600 if im not mistake, six12 sports around that much as well.

but i am happy with my suspension to be honest, had a friend that got his suspension done by pro circuit and he did face a bit of a problem at start, but they walked him through it and got it fix, just a few clicks here and there.

• Angry 1

So what did the race tech revavle cost you? Also, Factory connection is not recomending new springs and MX-Tech is recommending new springs.. Do you know if the springs suspension companies put in are the same qaulity as stock, or is their a benefit from getting their springs if the stock ones are already in my weight range?

So what did the race tech revavle cost you? Also, Factory connection is not recomending new springs and MX-Tech is recommending new springs.. Do you know if the springs suspension companies put in are the same qaulity as stock, or is their a benefit from getting their springs if the stock ones are already in my weight range?

you should not need springs. but, the mx-t springs are good quality. the prices seem a bit high. you've only got to revalve one fork. lol. i've got a kid at the dodge nationals on one of those bikes. he's had good results this week. that fork need to be a bit stiffer than stock in a couple of areas, but they can work very well.:smashpc:

shipping could be roughly $35.00 each way for all the components. if you go to fc, they'll send you a box for all your stuff.

from what you've described in the front end, it sounds as if you need to do some work in the mv area. with your weight, i'll bet the bike is too low in the stroke, to navigate the braking bumps well. the base valving could be stiffened also. the shock piston in those bikes is basically what honda used in the early 2000's. nothing special there.

if you go with fc, they will replace every bushing, seal, o ring, etc. not always required if you don't have a ton of hours on the stuff. if you really want to send that stuff off, then call a few different companies: active ride, rg3, enzo in addition to who you've already spoke with. these are the larger suspension shops, and they will hopefully be able to help out. whoever asks the most questions, and explains what they'll do to resolve your issues, is who you should go with. ask 'em what they do if you're not happy with the setup. shipping gets spendy when they've got to be sent out more than once.

Thank you all for your input..

GDI- yeah I sent out an email to about 10 companies Friday at noon. So far have only heard back from mx-tech and FC. Both replied very quickly and seem like they will be easy to work with if I have any problems. FC seemed like they were really dedicated to getting my suspension set perfect, MX-tech also seemed like they were going to do some good work but price seemed a little high for me. I am going to wait another 2 or 3 days and if the remaining companies do not respond to me, I will give them a call (however, if they dont respond to my email that will be a red flag that they may be hard to get in touch with).