Sign in to follow this  

Just Bought 04 625 sxc & Seeking Info On Maintenance & Upgrades

Just picked up a 2004 625 sxc with 10,400 miles on it and just looking to get the experts advice on all the little quirks with this model.

I haven't really gotten it out on the dirt yet to tell about the suspension but I weigh 250 with no gear on and I'm sure if the suspension is stock I'll probably need heavier springs. Any advice in the suspension area will be appreciated as I know nothing about KTM's right now except they're orange and torquey :smashpc:

I'm looking mostly dirt riding and just short commuts from trail to trail so not as concerend about road worthyness as I am more trail riding.

Hi. I was wondering if you could give me an answer?? Does your 04 SXC electric starter start the bike without using the decompression lever? I own the same bike with 20k on it. Big brakes, tank, air horns, road wheels, geared high, and a milkcrate. All traffic miles in L.A. Got it with 50 miles on it in '04, started great then, and its painful now. Starter been rebuilt and many batts later I need to ask.

Mine has 10.5K miles on it and I guess it depends where the motor is in it's cycle as to whether it will start or not. Most of the time it will start but somes I can tell it's at the compression stroke and I can then pull the decompression lever, turn the motor a little with the kick start and hit the starter and it'll turn over and start then.

I have been doing on my 640 is what ltrmc02 does and just dicovered that if it still doesn't start, I can use the manual compression release a little to get it spinning while using the button at the same time. I can't believe it works.

Most of the time the bike starts fine and none of this is needed.