Sign in to follow this  

Auto-Clutch questions? Rekluse

Hi, I am looking to buy an auto-clutch for my 2011 kx250f.. I have been reading threads all day but cannot come to a solid conclusion on some things...

First off, I am looking for a clutch that will do 2 things for me

1. a clutch that will prevent stalling after a tip over

2. a clutch that will make it possible to be in third gear coming into a corner, let off the gas as I enter the corner, use a little break, and then roll on the throttle, all without using the clutch and at race speed

I am trying to decide between the core exp 2.0 and the exp 2.0. My stock clutch has 30hrs on it right now if that matters. Will both be able to do these 2 things? Will I notice any difference between the 2 besides in my wallet? How effective are starts when not using the clutch?

I'd say get the exp 2.0 not the core exp. They have the same auto clutch internals. The core exp just comes with nicer clutch components like inner hub and pressure plate. The 2.0 will do what you're asking and works great on starts both ways.

Yes, it will do EXACTLY what you are asking. In fact, that is pretty much how they reccomend you ride with it: stay in a higher gear as much as you can, and you will be rewarded with fantastic traction.

The Core EXP has a better clutch system, and better adjustment range. If you are not a clutch-abuser, constant clutch-fanner, and constant rear-wheel spinner, the Basic EXP is fine. If you change clutch plates ever year, you will want the Core EXP.

I have one on my KX450, just so I can do the gnarly tight single track without having to gear it down, cause first is so high, probably like your 250.

I can ride the slippery-est corner with total confidence, then as exiting I can fan the clutch to hit the berm, or speed up the revs. Works great.

thanks for the input.. my clutch right now has about 35 hours.. I'll take it apart and if it all looks good I'll go with the exp.. if it's torn up ill opt for the core

The Core EXP has a better clutch system, and better adjustment range. If you are not a clutch-abuser, constant clutch-fanner, and constant rear-wheel spinner, the Basic EXP is fine. If you change clutch plates ever year, you will want the Core EXP.

I think this may be a bit misleading. The part of the clutch that does the work to make the bike semi-automatic is the same in the EXP 2.0 and Core EXP. I don't see how the Core EXP would last any longer than the EXP 2.0.

The EXP 2.0 is just as adjustable, and it is easier to adjust the cable gain since you can do it with the clutch cable adjuster.

I have yet to hear of anyone wearing out an EXP 2.0.

Edited by mkeeping