Sign in to follow this  

recluse EZ start pro on a 2010 why do i have problems??

so i have a z start pro on my 2010 but i just cant get it tuned and when i start it it has a ball bearingy sound to it when i rev it in no gear i have the right springs in and everything but the c200 wave spring that is over top of the c150 springs it says to install for your make and modal. the cable has 1/2 inch of free play at 4500 rmp and everything but i just dont understand why it has suck a nasty sound when i rev it and when i and riding. it just sounds like the ball bearings are just loose in the clutch... anyone have ANY idea???

Edited by erik1985

ok so i found out what the nasty sound was... it was actually the bolts from the recluse clutch hitting the stationary sprocket for the kick starter. the reason why the stock rivets werent hitting was because the backing plate has a lip on it that runs onto the sprocket. so now the question is has anyone had to put a spacer in under the basket or even got new bolts so it dosnt hit...

ok so i found out what the nasty sound was... it was actually the bolts from the recluse clutch hitting the stationary sprocket for the kick starter. the reason why the stock rivets werent hitting was because the backing plate has a lip on it that runs onto the sprocket. so now the question is has anyone had to put a spacer in under the basket or even got new bolts so it dosnt hit...

Look under your stock center hub to see if the thrust washer is still stuck to it. It needs to go under the Rekluse center hub.