Sign in to follow this  

Motocross Handicapping and the Four-Stroke

But,.....but,.......but,....two strokes ARE better you know!!

Went riding yesterday at a local mx track with some local pros, I let them ride a gytr Yamaha yz 144. and a stock yz 125.. they both went on forever about how much fun it was .

They ride a crf450 and yzf450, after a long day of riding both said they had not had this much fun in a long time and both were going to add a two stroke to their garage soon.

rayceandanthony-1.jpg

Edited by ncc

125's are fun ........ hell , I have a blast on my kids YZ 85 but they are only fun when they are on the pipe , you have to go for it or get off the track , on a 450 you can ride around in 3rd gear and cruise at a decent pace and make the jumps even if your not going for it:excuseme:

I'll always keep a 125 steed in my stable. Next best thing to the fountain of youth. Soon as I kick mine over I become that 14 year old kid that worshipped Roger Decoster and Bob Hannah.

• Like 1

I was thinking today about what went down a few years ago and how about if the factory's built a 250cc rotary engine that made more torque and hp than a 250cc 2t instaed of a 450cc 4t, would all the 2t people want a cc restriction put on the rotary engine ? :smashpc:

Guys like me who have NO endurance at all need the 450s so we can make the jumps then cruise around shaking our arm pump off while still moving pretty fast. Otherwise we would b really slow haha.

ohlook.jpg

x2

2 strokes are fun for sure but definitely NOT the fast way around a MX track.

x2

2 strokes are fun for sure but definitely NOT the fast way around a MX track.

!

? really?

one more.

Went riding yesterday at a local mx track with some local pros, I let them ride a gytr Yamaha yz 144. and a stock yz 125.. they both went on forever about how much fun it was .

They ride a crf450 and yzf450, after a long day of riding both said they had not had this much fun in a long time and both were going to add a two stroke to their garage soon.

rayceandanthony-1.jpg

Jordan river ohv? That track is so fun!

i'm allllllllways annoyed at how friends with the big bikes say they can beat twostrokes, well, hand me a cr500 bore out the 450, give the rider of the 500 some good medical insurance and it'll outrun you! (if his nose doesn't end up glued to the front fender!

Jordan river ohv? That track is so fun!

Yes it is they just changed a few tings and it is much better.

Yes it is they just changed a few tings and it is much better.

off topic , do you know a guy named Bill Clemson ? he lives over that way and races the old guy A class , we went to HS together .... you will like this , we built pipes for our 2 strokes in metal shop