Sign in to follow this  

1992 yz250 won't hit powerband!

My bike won't hit the powerband in any gear! It will rev high but the powerband just won't kick in? It also sounds rough, and not smooth at all. The other day it was riding perfect then this happened. Any ideas what caused it or how to fix it?

as in the bottom end feels normal but it lacks power up top?

As a start I'd check your powervalve is working, sounds like it could be stuck closed?

the clutch could be gone would cause it to run but not good and it will rev to the moon and not goanywhere

I'm gonna check the powervalve, because I don't think it's anything to do with the clutch or anything. It just won't hit the powerband.

I just realized that I had my gas mixed at like 75:1 because I read the can wrong and I run non synthetic and I fueled it up today at 32:1 and ran it a little bit and it hasn't done it again. Idk if that was the fix or it just stopped doing what it was doing but we are good to go now. Just an update.(:

I just realized that I had my gas mixed at like 75:1 because I read the can wrong and I run non synthetic and I fueled it up today at 32:1 and ran it a little bit and it hasn't done it again. Idk if that was the fix or it just stopped doing what it was doing but we are good to go now. Just an update.(:

wow, that's a super ouch to your engine.