Sign in to follow this  

hot cams, exhaust, what else?

So I wanna put in hot cams in my yamaha 09 yz250f, exhaust and intake cams, what else should I do to this bike? Its completely stock, and im send the forks and shocks to factory connection, im gonna get a youshimura full exhaust system for it, im also gonna be trying to get a pair of talon hubs for it, and other little engine parts like plugs, and accessoriesit.

I just don't know what else would make it lighter and quicker of the line, any help from :ride:anyone would be great, thanks for reading.

Hahahaa whata you mean? I do practice. Just enjoy tinkering, winter is coming, I need something to do to it, get bored during theses months

270 or 290 kit...try to get some 22.5mm RG3 offset triple clamps, I love mine. New tires...or an extra set, even if you have lots of power, if your tire wont hook up your still gonna go nowhere

Hahahaa whata you mean? I do practice. Just enjoy tinkering, winter is coming, I need something to do to it, get bored during theses months

Oh then you're a lot like me!!! I can't leave anything alone, I just have to work on something to make it run better! I installed a 290 in mine and could not be happier!! I just took it out yesterday and was able to fly up hill climbs easily in third gear that I used to have to be in 2nd to make it up. I also have Hot Cams stg1 intake and stg2 exhaust. It rips!! When I had the head off I also cleaned up the exhaust port. Didn't remove any material just cleaned the castings and smoothed some stuff out. Don't attempt this if you don't know what your doing or just want to remove material because you live by the motto "if more is better then a lot more is a lot better"

i tried a set of stage 2 hotcams in my09,and was very dissapointed.not much if any of an improvement.and it made the bike alot harder to start when it was hot. i noticed that they have a new stage 3 tuner series,that would probably be a better set-up if you like to play with cam timing.you will need to purchase their cam degreeing kit to make adjustments,and new valves and proper springs along with all of the little keepers and collets,ect.if your goona do it,do it right or you will be sorry!!!