Sign in to follow this  

What kind of Big Bore kit should i get

my buddy just informed me that i can get parts from parts unlimited for 40% off. i really want to get a Big bore kit but they only have the cylinder works on there, is that a good brand? I also want to get the stage 1 intake and exhaust hot cams. i am bitter that they don't sell the FCR carburetor (ill probably just order it off of thumpertalk). is there anything else i should look at getting off of parts unlimited? I have a yoshi rs-2 on my bike right now and i would love to upgrade sometime in the near future to the SSW/MRD but i just dont have the flow to get everything at once..

make sure your valves and springs are up to the task

well i am using about 2 litters of oil for every 600 miles i ride. should i just buy new valves and springs.. or do u think they just need adjusting

my buddy just informed me that i can get parts from parts unlimited for 40% off. i really want to get a Big bore kit but they only have the cylinder works on there, is that a good brand? I also want to get the stage 1 intake and exhaust hot cams. i am bitter that they don't sell the FCR carburetor (ill probably just order it off of thumpertalk). is there anything else i should look at getting off of parts unlimited? I have a yoshi rs-2 on my bike right now and i would love to upgrade sometime in the near future to the SSW/MRD but i just dont have the flow to get everything at once..
well i am using about 2 litters of oil for every 600 miles i ride. should i just buy new valves and springs.. or do u think they just need adjusting

OK, first: The Cylinder Works Big Bore in this forum is considered an excellent value with a good reputation. . So if that is a brand you can get at such a cheap price.. Go for it…. Your quoted cost is less then what I pay wholesale. Just to be sure we are talk the same part.

PU_09310275 ( CW Part# is 30001-K01) is the part number for the kit I’m talking about, +4mm BB kit, with gaskets, cylinder, piston and rings. List is $539.95 and you’re getting it for $240? If so great deal, just make sure your getting what we are here saying is a good deal. ..

OEM Valves and springs in a OEM set up will last a good many hours, how many is very subjective to use.

OEM valves and springs in BB are also an ok thing, so long as the valves and springs are low hour and lower thrash level. If you know where the RPM limiter kicks in, do yourself a favor and install new valves, cotters and springs (have installed, as they will need to cut the seats as well)

With mild cams like HOT Cams, you can use fresh OEM components, keep the RPMS on a OEM CDI and off the limiter.

Better is RHC valves and springs, tops and new cotters.

OK, first: The Cylinder Works Big Bore in this forum is considered an excellent value with a good reputation. . So if that is a brand you can get at such a cheap price.. Go for it…. Your quoted cost is less then what I pay wholesale. Just to be sure we are talk the same part.

PU_09310275 ( CW Part# is 30001-K01) is the part number for the kit I’m talking about, +4mm BB kit, with gaskets, cylinder, piston and rings. List is $539.95 and you’re getting it for $240? If so great deal, just make sure your getting what we are here saying is a good deal. ..

OEM Valves and springs in a OEM set up will last a good many hours, how many is very subjective to use.

OEM valves and springs in BB are also an ok thing, so long as the valves and springs are low hour and lower thrash level. If you know where the RPM limiter kicks in, do yourself a favor and install new valves, cotters and springs (have installed, as they will need to cut the seats as well)

With mild cams like HOT Cams, you can use fresh OEM components, keep the RPMS on a OEM CDI and off the limiter.

Better is RHC valves and springs, tops and new cotters.

stoner move my math was wrong it will be 359 because the retail price is listed at 599. i have ~15,000 on the motor, i bought the bike used so i dont know exactly how many miles are on the motor. i think the guy i bought it from pulled the speedo cable out and road it around for a while like a deebag. I have put 10,000 on it since i bought it from the dude, so i guess i might as while replace all those parts before something goes wrong. whats cotters? RHC is better then HOT CAMS? I am also going to put new clutch plates in too any specific brand i should get for those?

stoner move my math was wrong it will be 359 because the retail price is listed at 599. i have ~15,000 on the motor, i bought the bike used so i dont know exactly how many miles are on the motor. i think the guy i bought it from pulled the speedo cable out and road it around for a while like a deebag. I have put 10,000 on it since i bought it from the dude, so i guess i might as while replace all those parts before something goes wrong. whats cotters? RHC is better then HOT CAMS? I am also going to put new clutch plates in too any specific brand i should get for those?

That's how much it is on ebay lol

I am doing a BB now with hot cams. I replaced the old valves with new OEM valves. $180~ from the TT store for everything new, plus $160 labor at a local shop. I would rather have piece of mind with 18k miles on the bike with only 2kish miles I've put on myself.

From what I've read, OEM should be fine, anything more put aftermarket valves in there.

I am doing a BB now with hot cams. I replaced the old valves with new OEM valves. $180~ from the TT store for everything new, plus $160 labor at a local shop. I would rather have piece of mind with 18k miles on the bike with only 2kish miles I've put on myself.

From what I've read, OEM should be fine, anything more put aftermarket valves in there.

wel done , expect a reliable bike