Sign in to follow this  

fast help please

ok so I am taking apart my linkage to grease it all, but the relay arm bolt wont come out of the swingarm, i have hit it some good hard hits and didnt move abit. im out of ideas on getting it out????????:smashpc:👍

Try heating the swingarm around the bolt and spray some PB blaster (penetrating oil). How old a bike is it or when was the last time it was serviced?

2003 and i had it for 3 seasons. and i think this is the first time its being done :/

what side of the bolt do i heat?

It's not the bolt you want to heat it's the swingarm area that comes into contact with the bolt. Heat it up until water vaporizes when sprayed on it. Let it cool a minute and then try. You might have to heat and cool it a few times. The process of heating and cooling will help break it free.

ok i see now. so heat both sides of the swing arm, where the bolt goes threw then cool then hit got cha

pissing me off. ive been hitting it nothing, tried heating it nothing im going to go buy the oil and soak it in it for an hour then give it a shot again

I used a air hammer with a pointy bit on it. Takes alot of air pressure to make it work right but between that and some PB Blaster and some heat itll go.

I got it after a long day of hitting it lol

Good job. :smashpc: I know your bike is thanking you right now greasing or replacing those bearings. Take each little bearing out clean the race, grease and put back each needle bearing.

I got it after a long day of hitting it lol

Cool.

I recently worked on a swingarm bolt that took three weeks before it moved. Not all day, just a little each day. Finally went.