Considering a new WR300?

Coming off a DR-Z400, moving to lighter woods bike. Really I can't decide whether I want a 2 stroke or 4 stroke. Still on the fence... Here's the questions.

1. Can I get an extended shift lever? It's actually quite a big deal when you have size 15 feet. I suppose I could get one welded up from a standard one I guess.

2. Adjustable power reeds? Is that the right terminology? I wanna make that power come on as smoothly as possible. The fancy KTMs have them, do Huskys?

as far as an extended shift lever for the husky, i think you'd have to make one yourself, have one made, as i've never seen one. as far as the adjustable power valve, i've seen aftermarket bolt-ons, fast-by-ferracci maybe, but i've heard they're pretty spendy. try searching over at cafe husky for your answers, you'll probably have more luck.

i know wallybean over there does some different springs for the pv's but i think that's only for the 150's which is a different design, motor-wise.

the 300 is a great bike, i would think if you just retarded the timing a bit you could get the power to come on smoother/more gradually.

I just rode a new 2012 WR300. The bike is pretty awesome right out of the box, powerwise. I'm a pretty small rider, but the bike felt great from idle on up with no flat spots or surprise hits....just brutal and yet smooth power delivery all through the powerband. I rode it both on tight singletrack and the Carlsbad Replica track at The Ranch in Anza. The new ignition seems to match the powerplant and pipe perfectly. The bike felt lighter than it is and was both stable at high speed straightaways and very flickable through the tight twisties and rocks.

The bike most likely to stuffed into the trunk of my car and snuck home.:smashpc:

WRatHuskydays.jpg

Are you saying the splines on the WR300 (Husky) are the same as the splines on a YZ? I have an extended shifter on my DR-Z, but I don't expect it to fit whatever my new bike ends up being.

No, not the same as the YZ, but they do make shifters for BMW, so I was thinking you may be able to find one that would fit the Husky without having to build your own.

Coming off a DR-Z400, moving to lighter woods bike. Really I can't decide whether I want a 2 stroke or 4 stroke. Still on the fence... Here's the questions.

1. Can I get an extended shift lever? It's actually quite a big deal when you have size 15 feet. I suppose I could get one welded up from a standard one I guess.

2. Adjustable power reeds? Is that the right terminology? I wanna make that power come on as smoothly as possible. The fancy KTMs have them, do Huskys?

A heavy flywheel weight will smooth the hit right out if you think it's too much.

I think you'd like the 300. I'm recently coming off an old XR400 (bored out) and now on an '09 WR300 and love it. no regrets! if the power hits too hard for ya, like somebody else said, throw on a big flywheel weight.

The prices in Canada do not compare. Not even remotely close. I did buy one though. I'm working on the jetting this week in preparation for a break in ride this weekend.

Guy I rode with last weekend bought the JD jetting Keihin PWK airstriker carburetor. Comes with his jet kit for like $250 USD total.

Check out this youtube vid of us riding last weekend. Lots of off the pipe chuggin' on his 300. ?