2003 300exc frame

Want to increase the wheel base, in effect kicking out the forks to help stabilize this squirly, wonderful bike. I do not need it to turn on a dime and I do not motocross. I trail and desert ride. the steering is a bit squirly to me.

Sounds like a susp issue to me. Do you have tue proper springs for your weight, and sag set properly?

You should be able to achieve your goal without chopping up the frame. Idk what offset your bike came with, but any of the newer machined clamps have adjustable offset, either 18 or 20mm.

Sounds like a susp issue to me. Do you have tue proper springs for your weight, and sag set properly?

You should be able to achieve your goal without chopping up the frame. Idk what offset your bike came with, but any of the newer machined clamps have adjustable offset, either 18 or 20mm.

I'm with gmoss on this one. I had an 03 300 exc with suspension done for my weight and never had any issues in the desert or on tight trail. You can do triple clamps if you want but I would make sure the suspension is set up correct first. Money well spent. Don't start cutting on the frame. A very bad idea.