TE511 Dual Sport adventure bike?

If your adventure riding includes lots of off road and gravel road it is GREAT. If you plan hundreds of miles on the pavement not so great. I LOVE my 511 for DS but spend as much time off road as i can when i DS.

Thanks for the input

I like trails and some ggravel roads but, have done 100 mile stretches of road.

I talke d to the local husky dealer and they said the replacement for the 630 would be a 650 directed to compete with the KLR. So what I hear when you say that is they are making a pig :-( I owned a KLR and did not like it even a little bit.

Right now I have a wr250r and have done everything from desert race's to grocery runs to just going were ever.

More power is always better but I like to leave my engine alone as far as dependability goes that is the most important.

In Washington, you can plate anything. As a TE610 owner, I'd totally get an XR650R and not look back, if it didn't mean living in fear of letters from the CA DMV. The XRR has conventional forks, but they can be changed if you have to, and the frame is a much more modern design. And it has Honda build quality and component durability. There are lots of dual-sported XRRs for sale in SoCal, cheap because they can't be plated here.

In Washington, you can plate anything. As a TE610 owner, I'd totally get an XR650R and not look back, if it didn't mean living in fear of letters from the CA DMV. The XRR has conventional forks, but they can be changed if you have to, and the frame is a much more modern design. And it has Honda build quality and component durability. There are lots of dual-sported XRRs for sale in SoCal, cheap because they can't be plated here.

We can't plate anything yet and we still do not know what the rules will be for plating.

Thanks for the input

I talke d to the local husky dealer and they said the replacement for the 630 would be a 650 directed to compete with the KLR. So what I hear when you say that is they are making a pig :-( I owned a KLR and did not like it even a little bit.

Right now I have a wr250r and have done everything from desert race's to grocery runs to just going were ever.

More power is always better but I like to leave my engine alone as far as dependability goes that is the most important.

I would look around for a leftover bike out of state, there may still be a few out there.

Thanks for the input

Bills in Salem has a 630 with like 40 miles on it. Dude wanted a full on street bike after buying it. Go get it.

I'd take my 610 over a XR650R in a heartbeat. It's better off, better on road,

just as reliable and six speed wide ratio tranny. It's also legally plated, no worries.

I'd take my 610 over a XR650R in a heartbeat. It's better off, better on road,

just as reliable and six speed wide ratio tranny. It's also legally plated, no worries.

and... E-start, has all the lights and switch gear and mirrors.

• 10 years later...