Sign in to follow this  

Brakes pads and discs

My drz400sm has ebc pads and standard suzuki discs. But I after some more aggressive brakes.

Can anyone tell me a good choice to go for or whats best ? :smashpc:

Thanks 👍

Definitely try a Stainless Steel line. On my S converted to SM I had a Galfer stainless brake line with an EBC 320mm disc and Suzuki OEM pads. Every time I braked hard I felt like the bike was going to stop on a dime and I would just keep going. Awesome braking power :smashpc:

That said I've heard that OEM Suzuki pads are much better than the EBC ones.

Definitely try a Stainless Steel line. On my S converted to SM I had a Galfer stainless brake line with an EBC 320mm disc and Suzuki OEM pads. Every time I braked hard I felt like the bike was going to stop on a dime and I would just keep going. Awesome braking power :smashpc:

That said I've heard that OEM Suzuki pads are much better than the EBC ones.

I can vouch for the "EBC Sintered R," which is probably a step-up from EBC's lowest line of brake pads. They are definitely better than the "stock" Suzuki OEM ones.👍

Thanks guys ill definately go for a stainless steel line then :smashpc:

Im thinking a wavy disc on the front too 👍

Hey Craig

well my bro has a drz400 sm too mines 07 and his one is an 08 :ride:

he has standard brakes and i have standard discs with some ebc pads and his one brakes better 👍

but yes im looking in to trackdays and just want to improve my brakes for general use really :worthy:

I used to have an aprilia spainsno1 rs125 and that had insane brakes

Hey Craig

well my bro has a drz400 sm too mines 07 and his one is an 08 :ride:

he has standard brakes and i have standard discs with some ebc pads and his one brakes better 👍

but yes im looking in to trackdays and just want to improve my brakes for general use really :worthy:

I used to have an aprilia spainsno1 rs125 and that had insane brakes

Yes..as i said in post #6....Stock pads are fine..

BTW..I too, had a heavily modified Aprillia RS125 as well and I do agree that,"the front brake is insane." especially with braided steel lines...

Image000.jpg

Not shure chooken but thanks ill look 👍

thanks craig i was looking into stock pads got my brake hose on order and going to buy a wavy disc :worthy:

photostream

photostream

here is a pic of my old rs and drz ! :ride:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68563352@N08/6230676858/in/photostream/

god damn photo rubbish lol well here are the links of the bikes anyway 👍

Yep..I know the bike...Handling and brakes were the aprillia's strong points...pity I couldn't fit a 485 stroker engine in it...mainly because of the right hand chain drive and swing arm design....

Now, I am referring to an S model but to me the stock sintered metal pads were terrible. I'm not sure what was up but they squealed so loudly it was embarassing. I would pull em out and scuff them up and scuff up the rotors but no joy. I bought some "cheap" semi metallic pads and they are quiet and working excellent. Crazy right? I know sintered metal pads are top of the line but for me they did not work well at all.

Try EBC pads. They are just as good as the OEM pads. I run them (on an all stock SM front end) and have been very pleased with them. Nice thing about EBC is that there are different types of pads (compounds) for whatever your riding style is. They are generally cheaper than the stock pads as well.

Thanks for the feedback guys 👍

damn I have a few choices on pads now :ride: