Sign in to follow this  

how to get over a thieft :(

my beloved 2008 crf450r got stolen last year.

just wondering what you guys who have experienced a theift do to get over it. buy another one?

i want to buy another one (no money at the moment) but im afraid ill have that feeling like why should i have to buy another one i had a perfectly good one before it makes me even more angry

i will definatly be getting fire/theft insurance for future bikes

I lost a CBR900RR to a thief. The most violated feeling I've ever experienced. It still burns me up every time I think of it. This was 15 or so years ago. After insurance took care, I went out and got another one. It changed my way of thinking about parking it when I went somewhere. For me, it's been time and replacing it. Good luck. I feel your pain and it sucks.

I lost a CBR900RR to a thief. The most violated feeling I've ever experienced. It still burns me up every time I think of it. This was 15 or so years ago. After insurance took care, I went out and got another one. It changed my way of thinking about parking it when I went somewhere. For me, it's been time and replacing it. Good luck. I feel your pain and it sucks.

atleast u had insurance!!

I would like to help, but I live in an almost 0 crime area, if you find your bike missing it's probably your cousin taking it for a ride.

Wanna move?

• Like 1

Haven't had a bike stolen. But four weeks ago my house was broken into and ransacked, and they got quite a bit of stuff.

Not much you can do but get over it and move on.

I had a university student stayin at my house one year. I left for vacation to hawaii and when I got back, all the glass mirror closet sliding doors were smashed and my beloved CR 250 was gone. Apparently she had a big house party when I was gone and so they got wild and stole my bike. I was bummed for quite a while so I went out and got a used one for cheap. I never felt better. Just the fact that I had a different and a new to me bike was enough to keep me happy for the rest of the year. It wasnt anything impressive but I was in such a low it didnt matter what bike it was. I bought a new bike next year though and have forgot about it since. You just got to look ahead, In time you will have a new bike. Most cases of theft arent repeat targets. Yours was just an oppertunity and they took it.

For the first time ever I bought theft insurance for my bike ($14 a month). I couldn't take a $8,500 hit (Thats what I paid for my '12 KX450F). It would suck to have NO bike, and have the $8,500 debt you are paying on every month....

Thats really sucks for ya....when i was a kid, we had a '69 camaro, & a yz80 stolen when we lived in Dallas :smashpc: i dont think it's something you ever get over! Thieves are the worst kind of people..we actually found the bike a week or two after it was stolen, at a flea market! called the cops over to help, but they said they couldn't hold the guys cause we didn't have proof on us. So of course the a-holes packed up and took off before we could leave and come back with proof:banghead:..cops just let them leave, total BS

For the first time ever I bought theft insurance for my bike ($14 a month). I couldn't take a $8,500 hit (Thats what I paid for my '12 KX450F). It would suck to have NO bike, and have the $8,500 debt you are paying on every month....
I pay about $100 a year for full coverage on my KX250. No way would I not have my bike insured.

You should post the numbers up, there's always that small possibility that someone has it and thinks they bought it legally. Post the engine and frame serials. A lot of stolen bikes are stripped down...Could even get some parts back that you could sell to put towards a new bike.

Being that it happened a year ago and not yesterday, the parts/bike could have moved a long way.

Other than that...I'd say just try and accept that it happened, live and learn. Do what you can to find your bike but don't let it get you out of the sport and don't let hate consume you.

I know if I had a bike stolen, I would go to the dealership and finance a brand new bike. As long as I had a job, I'd just say F**K it and make an impulse buy. That's the only thing I could think that would make me feel better instantly.

I've never had a bike stolen, but when I had my first bike a 1983 DS80 my family had little to no money and the bike had a lot of problems...We took it to ok mechanics for a while but couldn't afford it after a couple fixes. Eventually it got down to getting a local guy who worked for very little but wasn't a real mechanic to do the work. He kept my bike for over a year once telling me he was waiting for parts. Years later I found out he was known for using peoples stuff as his own that he was "fixing". Who does that to a 11 year old? I held a hate for that guy for a very long time. The story ends with him being drunk, riding an ATV and rolling it off a rock cut.

I have always wondered if it was his ATV.

I know if I had a bike stolen, I would go to the dealership and finance a brand new bike. As long as I had a job, I'd just say F**K it and make an impulse buy. That's the only thing I could think that would make me feel better instantly.

ahahah i hear you man but im young and i have no job and even if i did who would give me finance haahha and my brother was the one that financed the crf. the onlyyyyy thing that makes me feel better is that i once said to him and my dad "i wanna buy a chain for it" and they said dont worry no ones going to take it. so i feel better a bit

atleast u had insurance!!

Very true. It did help quite a bit. Good luck. It takes time, the best cure is to replace it.:smashpc:

ahahah i hear you man but im young and i have no job and even if i did who would give me finance haahha and my brother was the one that financed the crf. the onlyyyyy thing that makes me feel better is that i once said to him and my dad "i wanna buy a chain for it" and they said dont worry no ones going to take it. so i feel better a bit

Hey, I'm young too...Young and dumb. And I say, this weekend go to the dealership and finance an '12. Get your parents to co sign....That's if you live where you can ride all year. If not, get a MEGADEAL in the winter when bikes are the cheapest, save up for it. It would be such a great feeling, knowing that in a few months your gonna pick up a brand new bike. Any time you think of the bike you lost, just yourself on that '12. Turn a bad thing into a good thing.

This is easy for me to say though...I'm not in school, I could see this being hard if you are.

I'm gonna be investing some money in some alarms, etc. on ebay. You should too, it's all pretty cheap. You'll need it to protect that '12.

Thats really sucks for ya....when i was a kid, we had a '69 camaro, & a yz80 stolen when we lived in Dallas :smashpc: i dont think it's something you ever get over! Thieves are the worst kind of people..we actually found the bike a week or two after it was stolen, at a flea market! called the cops over to help, but they said they couldn't hold the guys cause we didn't have proof on us. So of course the a-holes packed up and took off before we could leave and come back with proof:banghead:..cops just let them leave, total BS

wow that sucks. i would of made a huge deal about it right there so the cops did get called for some disorderly conduct type complaint. eventually they would ask both parties whats going on and you'd have a chance to explain. once that accusation is made, at least here in california, youre pretty much not leaving until its figured out.

Man you guys are extremely lucky, the price you pay for insurance is insanely cheap! The cheapest I can get fire & theft insurance for a bike is 1200 a year... Full insurance for a registered bike is 2k. But its alot more expensive since I have a P plate on the back of my bike...

Man you guys are extremely lucky, the price you pay for insurance is insanely cheap! The cheapest I can get fire & theft insurance for a bike is 1200 a year... Full insurance for a registered bike is 2k. But its alot more expensive since I have a P plate on the back of my bike...

yep u r right i live in oz 2 and i feel u. who do u go through?

wow that sucks. i would of made a huge deal about it right there so the cops did get called for some disorderly conduct type complaint. eventually they would ask both parties whats going on and you'd have a chance to explain. once that accusation is made, at least here in california, youre pretty much not leaving until its figured out.

the crazy part was that we had the cops there! Face to face, and they let them walk...like I said "I was just a kid"(about 9 or 10) not a whole lot I could do! I'm sure my dad remembers all the details better than I. still kind of confused as to how they could just let them go...their words "sorry we can't hold them" they told my dad...i'll never fully understand how the law works...almost like we were being called liers

I think you should become a cop! work your way up to detective! then make it your life long goal to find this bastard! JK, sorry for your loss!

Suggest you believe in Karma. You will get something (at low cost) to replace this loss and the thief will end up over a cliff with an ATV he's been working on. :smashpc:

+1 on bike insurance. I have bike insurance on my sons bike, my bike, my wife's quad and I only pay 40 a month. I got the insurance because I figured if the bike got stolen, I would have no way to replace it at all. As it turns out it also covers crash damage and liability. I wouldnt use the insurance for scratched plastics or bent bars but catistrophic damage it works. My daughter rolled our Raptor 700 down a hill and it covered new plastics, new control arms, new bars, new steering stem etc. Plus they covered the medical bills. Not an issue as I have health insurance for that though.