anyone priced having a wheel laced lately?

Just found my rear rim on my 02 yz250 is split at the seam.

trying to figure out the best way to go, because i cant Lace on myself i tried once wasn't pretty.

so 360-400$ for a warp 9 rear wheel assembly or new rim n spokes for stock hub?

i figure it cant be less then 100$ to lace a rim from a professional and that puts me about 300$ into the job, 120 for rim, 80-100 for spokes 100 for labor and shipping 60$ more and i could have complete wheel assembly.

Thoughts guys?

any thought on brands/types to stay away from besides Geforce that had the spoke issue recently?

I took mine to the local shop and they laced it up for $60 it took the dood an hour and i had it back the next day.

dropped it off at 4pm and ad it ready when they opened the next day.

you can also build a truing stand easy out of 2x4 and anything to use as a gauge.

do it once or twice and you will have it down and save alot of $$$

I bought a "Parks Truing Stand" and lace a set of wheels for my grandsons KTM 85 (upgraded to larger wheels) and it was a snap. Laced, trued up perfect.

I got the Park Tool truing stand from Pit Posse.

http://pitposse.com/patowhtrst.html

I used the stock hubs, just bought new rims and spokes, total cost for rim/rings and spokes was $280 (front 19" and rear 17", plus 32 spokes each wheel including nipples for 64 spokes total) and $105 for the stand. So for $385, I did front and rear wheel, plus got a truing stand that will last a lifetime.

• Like 1

thanks for the replys, guys but all these shops are on the other side of the state from me im in Spokane.

so far im leaning towards a warp 9 rear wheel kit, since i read some bad things about the geforce wheel sets in a thread on here.

And you've read good things about warp 9??

For the price of spokes and rim you could buy a nice used wheel off ebay or craigslist...

And you've read good things about warp 9??

For the price of spokes and rim you could buy a nice used wheel off ebay or craigslist...

most of the used wheels on ebay are the same price or 40$ less then a new warp 9 wheel, which is made by pro wheel here in WA. DNA, and Geforce wheels are ofcourse 500$ for set front and rear but ive read enough about those that ill stay away.

the only wheel i can find 100% good reviews on is the topend talon setups with A60 rims. but for 1000$ for one wheel?

prices for lacing on the eastern side they want 140-180$ just to lace on top of the price of spokes and wheels and they use the same materials as a warp 9 wheel (ie pro wheel or excel that came stock on the bike that split at the seam)

so at this point i placed an order this morning for a warp9 rear wheel from rockymountain, new bearings, new sprocket new disc rotor complete for 369$ free shipping.

maybe ill send my stock wheel over and have wheel master see what he can do with the stock wheel to have a spare.