Sign in to follow this  

Frankenstein

The 400 hundred dollar 02 xr250 has turned into a 1200 dollar Frankenstein.

I should have looked a little closer when I bought it but thats water under the bridge now.

Every nut and bolt has been turned and the engine is a new work of art and most everything else is like new, but.......

Maybe someone here can help me, I bought a headlight from a guy and the wire connections on the bike [ main harness ] are nothing I have seen before and I really didn't see the differance till I went to install the headlight. Heres a pic

Bikes144.jpg

Bikes145.jpg

Someone has fitted a different type connector there. The bullet connectors on the headlight wires are the stock type. You'll need to cut off that white connector and crimp on some bullet connectors or or adapt the headlight wires with right connector to fit the white one of the harness. Radio Shack has those white type connectors.

Finally got the engine back together, on the bike and running. Time seems to a problem lately.

I was all stoked to have some time and I put it all together and was missing a dowel pin [ the one at the end of the cam bearing] so after a hands and knee search I ordered one and had to wait a couple days.

She started right up and I was pleased but I took it for a ride and the RPM's come down slow, maybe some kind of leak in the carb or something .

:busted:

Now I have to wait till next week when I can fine some more time without the wife bitchin.

I'll put some pic's up tonight .

Heres some pic's

The 02 XR250

Bikes156.jpg

Bikes155.jpg

I picked this up yesterday for FREE 1974 Honda CB360T I'll get it running and sell as is.

Bikes153.jpg

And finally , I hate to say it but I have been working on this HD, bought it to get running and then sell. Guy left it sitting in a garage for a few years so I got it for a steal.She runs real good.

Bikes148.jpg