Sign in to follow this  

What clamps on 05 250 with 06 250F forks?

What year triple clamps will just bolt on to my 05 yz250 with 06 250f forks?

What years and models triple clamps will work?

I want 1 1/8 bars so I don't want to run the 06. I understand the 2mm difference with the 05's, but not sure about stem length between 250 and 250F. Just want to do a clean swap and not have to mess with a hydraulic jack to swap out beaings if i can avoid it.

Thanks

125 and 250f have shorter stems then a 250 2 stroke or a 450. You would want a 07 set of yz450f clamps or a 250 2 stroke. The bearings are all the same.

Not to be an dick but you could have asked this in the other thread you started about the forks. Then the fourm dosnt get so poluted. If you search this topic has been coveed many of times in this section and others.

• Like 1

The spacing is the deal...the 06 forks are meant to be spaced further apart.

I do have a complete set of 08 yz250f clamps in the garage. You may have ot swap stems, but these will work perfectly for you. PM and we'll figure something out if interested.

Any aftermarket clamps for an '05 YZ250 or YZ450F will swap right onto your bike with no other issues, assuming you're using the '06 forks in '05 clamps. If all you want is 1-1/8" bars, you'll only need the upper clamp and anything aftemarket for an '05 YZ125/250/250F/450F will work with no issues. If you want newer stock clamps (which offer no advantage over the '05's except the 1-1/8" mounts), take the advice of the posters above :smashpc: Keep in mind, though, that you may need year matching wheel spacers and/or axle.

Thanks for the help.

I know there are a ton of threads out there on this and I've read a lot of them, but when you dive in to the details it's not real clear what year, model, forks, triple clamps, work on the 05.

Can someone validate if the following is accurate and make any corrections?

To covert 05 YZ250 Forks to 06+ forks:

(YZ250 andYZ250F forks are 48mm)

(YZ250F forks are 6mm shorter while YZ250/YZ450F are the same)

06 forks and 05 Triple Clamps and shave 2mm off wheel (non-brake spacer)

06 forks and 07+ Triple Clamps and 06 to 08 number plate

07+ forks and 07+ Triple Clamps and 07-08 brake caliper and 06-08 number plate

09+ forks and 09+ Triple Clamps and 09 -11 brake caliper and 09+ number plate

I have 06 250f forks on my 05 250 now. I use applied clamps. Im still using my 05 brakes. I dont think you should ever have to buy new brakes they should swap over. No matter what year sss forks you use. From 05 to 06 the spacers stayed the same.They changed the offset on the legs and the clamps at the same time and kept the spacers the same. If you used 06 forks in a 05 clamp yes you would have to make custom spacers. 06+ uses the new # plate but you can zipty your 05 plate on if your too cheap to buy the newer plate. I believe if you used 06 forks in a 05 clamp you would have to take 1mm of each spacer but I could be wrong. Ive never gone that route.

Thanks for the help.

I know there are a ton of threads out there on this and I've read a lot of them, but when you dive in to the details it's not real clear what year, model, forks, triple clamps, work on the 05.

Can someone validate if the following is accurate and make any corrections?

To covert 05 YZ250 Forks to 06+ forks:

(YZ250 andYZ250F forks are 48mm)

(YZ250F forks are 6mm shorter while YZ250/YZ450F are the same)

06 forks and 05 Triple Clamps and shave 2mm off wheel (non-brake spacer)

06 forks and 07+ Triple Clamps and 06 to 08 number plate

07+ forks and 07+ Triple Clamps and 07-08 brake caliper and 06-08 number plate

09+ forks and 09+ Triple Clamps and 09 -11 brake caliper and 09+ number plate

I'm hoping someone can come along and confirm this info as well. I'm looking to swap a set of '08 250F forks onto my '05 YZ 250.