Sign in to follow this  

Any ideas on how to fix Honda's stupid idea?

I love my 150rb.....and the bike looks good with oem graphics and all but on a pure red white black silver bike ther put YELLOW rear suspension!?!?!?!?! Is there any kind of paint you could use on it to paint it black or red? heck even white! I know it would have to be a special paint so it wouldn't crack off on all the sudden impacts and stuff. Anyone know of what to use?

I love my 150rb.....and the bike looks good with oem graphics and all but on a pure red white black silver bike ther put YELLOW rear suspension!?!?!?!?! Is there any kind of paint you could use on it to paint it black or red? heck even white! I know it would have to be a special paint so it wouldn't crack off on all the sudden impacts and stuff. Anyone know of what to use?

You mean the spring? Buy a new aftermarket one that is black. Or, take off the original and shoot it with $3 spray paint.

JayC

Over the years I have painted several shock springs with spray paint. If I were to do it today, I'd probably use Krylon Fusion. I assume that is contains some sort of flex agent since it's designed for plastic.

Its never cracked. I dont think springs flex as much as people think, any paint will work. Iv even used a metal flake acrylic thats brittle after it dries, and that hasnt chipped or craked.