Sign in to follow this  

A 125 OR 250 2stroke, help?

Ok, I have finally decided what bike I want down to just two types, i can either buy a 125 2stroke, or a 250 stroke.

Now the thing is I ride trail and woods, but im not the biggest kid either im only 5,6 and a very slim build and I currently ride a 250F and i am bored of it with the maintenance and the lack of 2 stroke zing, I used to ride a 125 before I had my 250F, but it was a crappy old 1990 honda cr 125, and i am unsure whether i should get a 250 2stroke as i am unsure whether it will cause me to not ride as good as i should, but i know they have a very good supply of torque at a twist of a throttle.

And i fear that if i get a 125 again it will not get where i want to go, so i wana know whether the newer 125s are much better than the old 1990s 125s, so can anyone help me on this guys, any advice would be great thanks, TTers.:smashpc:

And i do not want anything trail orientated, neither a ktm for that matter, just jap bikes thanks.

Get the 250 2 stroke.They have alot of torque for trails, plus Its a great bike to grow into.I'm 13 5'10" and 160 ibs and i love my 2000 Kx 250.The top ends on 250s last alot longer mainly because you dont have to keep it pinned to go fast.Trust me, get the 250 2T you wont regret it.

there both great bikes and for a while i could not find what suites me ether im 5,6 145

i had a kx 125 and my cousin has a yz 250 and i decided the best all around bike for me was a rm 125 with a 144 kit and i love it i would not change a thing but for alot of trails and woods a 250 might be better in ur case due to the added torque but a 144 is pretty damn good to hope this helps

im 16 5'11 and 135 pounds. 250 2 stroke may take a while to get used to but it is worth it. for trails if your not used to the power you can just throw a flywheel weight on it an you will be good to go. but for sure get the 250 2 stroke, 125 will have less power then your 250f. i also have a crf250r along with my cr250

I'm curious, why no european bikes? Especially seeing as how you're in Europe

I'm curious, why no european bikes? Especially seeing as how you're in Europe

I don't see the need to own a KTM as their sole purpose is to be the best RACE bikes availiable, but that comes at a cost, due to more maintenance due to the near enough 50hp it makes but also the stupidly steep prices they go for even used and abused.

And I live in Great Britain, which is not a part of europe, as our currency is British Pounds not Euros, But anyways an easy mistake made, but I clearly stated no KTM's.