Sign in to follow this  

Hoolgan mod caliper bracket?

when i did the mod i made my own bracket out of steel, very heavy and not to shnazzy looking in my opinion. I have found only one website selling a bracket claiming to fit the 310mm (gs500) rotor and they are out of Australia. Anyone know where else i could order one of these brackets? i dont know what it would take to get a 320mm rotor on there and im not looking to spend a ton on a new rotor so the 310 will have to stay.

I don't know of anything that works the way you need, you may need to get either a 320 rotor, or take a 320 adapter and have a machinist copy/make one that gets you where you need to be.

The 310 stuff is for the SM lower fork legs, and everything made for the S/E fork legs adapts them to the more common 320 rotors......you may be in uncharted territory!

I used aluminum plate and riveted them together with a flush countersink on both sides. I did add a hi-lok on both ends for added strength. The hi-looks are obvious but not too ugly.

I had no luck finding a 310. Well i found one and never saved the link. I was going to see if there was a rotor that crossed over but never got to it. EBC might help for the bolt pattern then you could cross reference that to another model. An advantage there would be better offset as a bonus. I likely won't mess with mine again till it needs something.

ha! i dont need a cad drawing i just need your bracket! surely your done with it by now:thumbsup: really though, do you still have means of making another?

I skipped the relocator bracket and 310mm GS disc, w the GS disc the wheel offset was more than I would have liked.

instead I got an adaptor that allows me to mount the stock fr rotor on the GS rim. This allows for quicker easier rim changes and the fr wheel is perfectly centered. I have a rotor for the GS wheels and dirt wheels

Ill see if I can find a pic

the offset of the gs rotor wasnt a huge issue for me. i have the wheel perfectly centered in the forks and the rotor is CLOSE (~1mm) to the fork leg but, a miss is a miss and it hasnt given me a hint of trouble in around 1000 miles. it looks crazy though that thing is close!