Metal thieves target forest gates

OK. You win.

I was confused about the "thumbs up" and the "smirk" smiley face.

i think it's pretty funny. maybe you don't understand, as your state is almost all private land. but us out west have literally millions of acres of public land, all of ours' land, that the feds have no problem leasing out to miners and foresters but have slowly pushed us out of.

maybe if they have to replace hundreds of these gates then they might start allowing us back onto the land as extra eyes to watch out for these thieves, along with the commercial pot growers, meth cookers, and illegal dumpers. the more eyes in the forest the less likely these undesireable types are to move in.

dnr has some hair brain plan to paint their gates yellow or orange in fear of someone running into them at night (they have historically been blue). Maybe now they will just be happy they still have a gate.

I think it really sucks, all the easy metals is been stolen now they are pushing it farther. We had concrete beat apart just to get the rebar, only a meth head would have that much energy. Next thing they'll be breaking into your and mine house if this continues.

I can see it coming now! A stolen gate pass,(just to cover cost replacing the gates) along with the discovery pass, just to ride the trails now. I have no use for these theives, they all have a sad tale to tell, but most don't want the responsibility of holding down a real job.

I have no use for most of the gates either.

Edited by Hammerider
Adding information

It's mostly going for export, China is gobbling up all the scrap steel they can get their hands on to make cheap trinkets and widgets to sell to us, along with their scramble to bring their nation up to late 19th century standards.

I'm sure that Japan's Tsunamai rebuilding efforts have some effect on steel prices too, but you'd think there would be a glut of scrap from the cleanup....

"designed to keep motorized vehicles out of sensitive forest lands" :smashpc:??

REEEEALLLLYYYYY are you sure there not to keep people out of their clear cuts and gravel pits?

Whatever. We should not be locked out of land we own, period.

"designed to keep motorized vehicles out of sensitive forest lands" ??:busted:

REEEEALLLLYYYYY are you sure there not to keep people out of their clear cuts and gravel pits?

Whatever. We should not be locked out of land we own, period.

Hey! A DNR uniformed (uninformed?) LEO said it and the media reported it so it must be TRUE! :smashpc:

"designed to keep motorized vehicles out of sensitive forest lands" :smashpc:??

Yeah no kidding. Let's keep the dirtbikes out of the woods. We'll want to scrape that trail you're riding on into a nice big logging road and put a massive clearcut there sometime in the near future. Not sure when. We'll let ya know. But for now, stay out. :-/