Sign in to follow this  

WR 200, DT 200, or KDX 200??? Im looking to buy one.

Hi, This is my first post and I have read a lot of other posts and this community seems to be very helpful. I am looking to buy one of the bikes I listed in the title. I currently own a Yamaha 1977 IT175D and I am going to sell it to try to buy a new dirt bike. I hate to let it go because it has givin me no problems but I need something more powerful because I Live in eastern PA, and I go riding in Pottsville a lot and I love hill climbs :smashpc: The ole IT just doesn't have enough power for me. So I just wanted to see what you guys thought about these bikes, such as, reliability, speed, acceleration, and handling.

I do mainly Enduro type riding and hill climbs and I want something reliable. I know the KDX is an extremely reliable bike but my friend has one and I don't want to have the same bike as him but if I can get one for the right price I'll definitely take it.

Thanks, Rob

i had a 2005 kdx 200, which i just traded for a rm 125. the kdx had a good amount of power and a big tank. it is great for trails. I had a large rear sprocket on it (cant remember the size), and that bike never stalled. it was just a little too heavy for my liking, thus selling for 125 which is great on trails too. I do not know anything about the other bikes, but the kdx is great. I would not worry about having the same bike has your friend. My riding buddy and I both have

rm 125s and we have no problem with it.

wr200's are kinda rare, those were basically blaster bottom ends with a liquid cooled cylinder

you may want to look for a ktm 200 or 250, or a husqvarna 250 or a gasgas 200/250, they handle quite a bit better than the older bikes you listed

What's the budget here? If you're on the cheap, hard to beat a KDX. If you can swing it, ktm200 is pretty sweet.

A zillion KDX owners can't be wrong!

Great bikes, it will feel very strong to you, coming off the old yammy. I love mine, an 04. So what if your pal has one? What year is his?

Deffinatly a KDX 200. They have enough power and handle very well. I love mine for the riding I do (single track/tons of hill climbs with basketball boulders) so I think it will be great for you. And you can easily find a great deal on one.

Thanks guys! I guess ill be getting the kdx. I am on a 1000$ budget and I found a wr200 for 1000$ but i have heard nothing bad about the kdx. Thanks :smashpc:

I know you guys wanted me to get a KDX but i found a wr for a good price Im gonna get that because yamaha has treated me well so far. Thanks for the insight! :smashpc:

I know you guys wanted me to get a KDX but i found a wr for a good price Im gonna get that because yamaha has treated me well so far. Thanks for the insight! :smashpc:

WRs where the cats meow in the early 90s here,basically looked like a enduro YZ and made to compete with the KDX,quite different power than your IT 175.If you can find a fmf pipe still it will make it a handfull:thumbsup:Might be hard to find parts though?Ride and have fun:ride:

Edited by canuckwr250

Yeah, the WR200 is a sweet bike. But it was not made for very long, and will be hard to get parts for as compared to a KDX.